Rootcling_tmp not finding <stddef.h>

Hello,
i have the following compilation issue, when i try to build ROOT with CLing (llvm rev. 155631 and root rev 43974)
:

Generating dictionary core/base/src/G__Base1.cxx…
core/utils/src/rootcling_tmp -cint -f core/base/src/G__Base1.cxx […]
In file included from input_line_5:1:
In file included from /cw/dtailocal/work/own/root/src/root/core/base/inc/TApplication.h:29:
In file included from /cw/dtailocal/work/own/root/src/root/core/base/inc/TObject.h:31:
In file included from /cw/dtailocal/work/own/root/src/root/core/base/inc/Rtypes.h:33:
/usr/include/stdio.h:34:11: fatal error: stddef.h’ file not found

include <stddef.h>

though i have no issues compiling with gcc something simple like:

#include <stdio.h> void main(){ printf(""); }

any ideas?

cheers,
constantin

Hi,

You are missing the environment variable LLVMDIR=/wherever/llvm/was/installed. I have made that more obvious in the trunk by issuing an error message. This will vanish in the future as ROOT will include (the parts of) llvm and clang, avoiding any issues with environment variables.

Cheers, Axel.

EDIT:
apparently this is a known issue: savannah.cern.ch/bugs/?func=det … m_id=94055 ?

ORIGINAL POST:
Hello Axel,
thanks for Your reply.

defining it indeed moves the compilation forward, but then it fails on valarray_array.h

i’m attaching the logs for make (& configure), in case someone would like to have a look.

cheers,
constantin
configure.txt (7.26 KB)
make.txt (1.17 MB)

Hi,

The proper version of clang and llvm is now included in the ROOT source and LLVMDIR is not longer required.

Cheers,
Philippe.