Rootcint failes with geant4.9 application

Hi,

I have problem with rootcint (root v. 5.19/03) failed to compile geant 4.9.1.p01 application with the following log:

make[2]: Entering directory `/vols/snemo/nd/TPIX/trunk/geant4/src' Generating dictionary MyG4Dict.cc... /vols/snemo/root/new/bin/rootcint -f MyG4Dict.cc -c -pipe -I../include -I../MyEM/include -I/vols/snemo/vmc_g4/new/include -I/vols/snemo/vmc_g3/new/TGeant3 -I/vols/snemo/vgm/new/packages/VGM/include -I/vols/snemo/vgm/new/packages/BaseVGM/include -I/vols/snemo/vgm/new/packages/Geant4GM/include -I/vols/snemo/vgm/new/packages/RootGM/include -DG4_VER_9 -I/home/hep/shitov/snemo/geant4/new/include/ -DG4DEBUG -DG4VERBOSE -DG4_STORE_TRAJECTORY -DG4USE_STL -DG4VIS_USE -DG4VIS_BUILD_OPENGLX_DRIVER -DG4VIS_USE_OPENGLX -DG4UI_USE_TCSH -I/vols/snemo/root/5.19.03/include -I/home/hep/shitov/snemo/nd/VerGen/devel/include -I/home/hep/shitov/snemo/nd/TDGen/devel/include -I/home/hep/shitov/snemo/nd/NemoTools/devel/include -I/vols/snemo/clhep/pro/include -Df2cFortran ../include/MyG4RunConfigPar.h ../include/MyG4RunConfiguration.h ../include/MyG4LinkDef.h Error: Symbol ostreamG4cout is not defined in current scope /home/hep/shitov/snemo/geant4/new/include//G4ios.hh:48: Error: Symbol ostreamG4cerr is not defined in current scope /home/hep/shitov/snemo/geant4/new/include//G4ios.hh:49: Error: no such template numeric_limits<double> /home/hep/shitov/snemo/geant4/new/include//templates.hh:76: Error: no such template numeric_limits<double> /home/hep/shitov/snemo/geant4/new/include//templates.hh:80: Error: no such template numeric_limits<double> /home/hep/shitov/snemo/geant4/new/include//templates.hh:84: Error: no such template numeric_limits<double> /home/hep/shitov/snemo/geant4/new/include//templates.hh:88: Error: no such template numeric_limits<float> /home/hep/shitov/snemo/geant4/new/include//templates.hh:92: Error: no such template numeric_limits<float> /home/hep/shitov/snemo/geant4/new/include//templates.hh:96: Error: no such template numeric_limits<float> /home/hep/shitov/snemo/geant4/new/include//templates.hh:100: Error: no such template numeric_limits<float> /home/hep/shitov/snemo/geant4/new/include//templates.hh:104: Error: no such template numeric_limits<float> /home/hep/shitov/snemo/geant4/new/include//templates.hh:108:

What’s could be wrong in the basic G4 headers? I will be grateful for any hints to solve the problem.
The same code compiles and works ok with root ROOT 5.15.05/G4.8.2

Try running rootcint with an external preprocessor by adding the -p option to the command line:

Cheers,
Philippe.