Root5.20 in in 64-bit architecture

Hi would like to build from source Root v5.20 using 32-bit libs in a 64-bit machine with qt-enabled. What is the proper architecture to call?

Many thanks.

Frances

./configure … linux

Philippe.

thanks phillipe

it seems not enough. take this for exmple:

g++ -shared -Wl,-soname,libminicern.so -m32 -O2 -o lib/libminicern.so misc/minicern/src/cernlib.o misc/minicern/src/hbook.o misc/minicern/src/kernlib.o misc/minicern/src/zebra.o /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.1.2/libgfortran.so /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.1.2/32/libgfortranbegin.a
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.1.2/libgfortran.so: could not read symbols: File in wrong format

I need that /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux to be called not /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux

How do i solve this?

A couple of shared objects are not generated, take libGQt.so for example.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi,

A priori, this should have been fixed by root.cern.ch/viewvc/trunk/config … 8&r2=24099. So you would either need to use v5.28 or you would need to tweak the value of F77LIBS in config/Makefile.linux

Cheers,
Philippe.

Hi Philippe,

hmmmm.

my Makefile.linux seems in order. option -m32 is a-OK both for fortran and for C/C++. the reason i am using Root v5.20 is that I want it to be compatible with Qt 3.3 for a number of reasons. . .

Frances

Hi,

Humm … then something is going wrong … After checking that the 32 bits fortran library are indeed installed, I would recommend just replacing the F77LIBS in Makefile.linux by the correct explicit values.

Cheers,
Philippe.