Root version compatible with pythia 8180

config.status file is

i tried to upload config.log file using upload attachment
but i could not. i got:
The extension is not allowed.

Then could you try to change the extension? …

config.log file as text.dat file
text.dat (320 KB)

OK, it seems that it doesn’t find the Pythia.h header file… Could you verify that Pythia.h is really in /home/raman/Downloads/pythia8180/include, and please remove the “//” in the path (i.e. use /home/raman/Downloads/pythia8180/include and /home/raman/Downloads/pythia8180/lib)

i have Pythia.h header file in directory

/home/raman/Downloads/pythia8180/include/Pythia8

also i had added these lines to my .bashrc file

source /home/raman/Downloads/root/bin/thisroot.sh export PYTHIA8=/home/raman/Downloads/pythia8180/ export PYTHIA8DATA=$PYTHIA8/xmldoc export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PYTHIA8/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH export ROOTSYS=/home/raman/Downloads/root export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ROOTSYS/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

So please specify the right path! if Pythia8.h is in /home/raman/Downloads/pythia8180/include/Pythia8, use these configure flags:

i used

at the ouput i got:

[code] Enabled support for asimage, astiff, builtin_afterimage, builtin_pcre, builtin_lzma, cintex, exceptions, explicitlink, genvector, memstat, pythia8, reflex, shadowpw, shared, tmva, x11, xft.

To build ROOT type:

make

[/code]

then i typed make,i got error as:
/home/raman/Downloads/pythia8180/include/Pythia8/Pythia.h:12:30: fatal error: Pythia8/Analysis.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [montecarlo/pythia8/src/TPythia8.o] Error 1

but my file Analysis.h has path:
/home/raman/Downloads/pythia8180/include/Pythia8

And what about

./configure --enable-pythia8 --with-pythia8-incdir=/home/raman/Downloads/pythia8180/include --with-pythia8-libdir=/home/raman/Downloads/pythia8180/lib make

OK, you will need ROOT v5.34.17, because Pythia8 has changed its structure (starting from 180) and only the latest version of ROOT can use it (otherwise you’ll have to take an older version of Pythia…)

now i installed pythia 8176
and now after reconfiguring root libEGPythia8.so is built.
and also script pythia8.C is running.

A big thanks to you for helping me. :smiley: \:D/