The ROOT team is happy (and a bit proud!) to let you know that ROOT v6.18/00 is released! See the release page for more info and download links.
Highlights are certainly:
- A new builtin zlib libbrary, that’s based on CMS’s fork of the Cloudflare implementation. It noticeably accelerates decompression on current CPUs.
- A simple
auto obj = dir->Get<MyClass>("some object");(where
dircan be a file)
- Pythonizations for
- New leaf types
/dfor Float16_t and Double32_t:
tree->Branch("floatArray", floatArray, "floatArray/f[0,100]"); // Float16_t array with range from 0 to 100
- Several new functions for
- The RooJohnson PDF was added to RooFit
- Considerably faster, STL-style iteration through RooArgSet and RooArgList
- Transparency for lines, texts and markers in the TeX output.
- Many new features in JSROOT, including initial WebVR support thanks to Diego Marcos (get your Cardboards ready!)
- Added support for GCC9, macos 10.15 (Catalina beta 2) and Xcode 11.0 beta
Thanks to everyone involved: developers, contributors (e.g for the
Double32_t leaf!), people reporting bugs, and of course our users!
If you have an idea how to improve ROOT or if something doesn’t work for you then please open a new topic in this forum and let us know. It’s much easier to improve when we know your issues!
Enjoy ROOT v6.18/00 and your summer!
Axel, for the whole ROOT team