Root_v6.14.06 on Mac is very tedious the first time

Running root_v6.14.06 the first time on my Mac is VERY tedious, as each and every shared object comes up “Cannot determine developer”, and I must manually allow it to run (settings/security&privacy). There are dozens and dozens of them…

That’s needed only the first time.

_ROOT Version:root_v6.14.06
_Platform:macOS Catalina
_Compiler:binary install

Hello,

Any idea on how to get rid of this warnings without going one by one when using our binaries for mac, @Axel or perhaps @couet ?

Note that ROOT 6.14/06 is very old.
If you want ROOT 6, try the head of the v6-26-00-patches branch (the “latest stable” for today).

Yes, as suggested by @Wile_E_Coyote, I would try a more recent version.

I downloaded the latest build for my macOS Catalina (10.15.7), root_v6.26.06.macos-10.15-x86_64-clang120.tar.gz, and tried to run it. I gave up after having to authorize a half-dozen shared objects due to “cannot determine developer”. So the latest binary release does not resolve this issue.

Of course when I build Root from source (root-5-34-00-patches), it runs without these many security interruptions. In order to build that particular source on my Mac, I had to:
a) change “libstdc++” to “libc++” throughout,
b) edit configure to look for the SDK in its new location,
c) create an empty include/AvailabilityMacros.h.

ROOT 6 is built with CMake, not “configure”.

Yes, ROOT 6 is built with cmake, not configure. But I downloaded the binary distribution of root_v6.26.06 and it still needed authorization for each and every library.

I built Root from source root-5-34-00-patches (v6-26-00-patches was a typo). It does not need authorization.

Maybe try to disable Gatekeeper on MacOSX:

sudo spctl --master-disable

see this

I found a solution, without disabling Gatekeeper:

cd /where/Root/is/installed
sudo spctl --add bin/* lib/*.so lib/*.dylib

But don’t do this too often or you’ll have an enormous number of rules in that database.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.