he ROOT team is happy to announce the release of v6.10/00 - the first one in the new v6.10 series.
Apart from many bug fixes and performance improvements it offers several new features, for instance:
- new class TProfile2Poly for the creation of profiles of histograms that have polygonal bins.
- extended GenVector classes to support for vectorized types (e.g. types from the Vc library)
- new tools for parallelism to speed up ROOT or ROOT-based analyses (TThreadExecutor, TProcessExecutor)
- introduced TDataFrame to analyse data contained in ROOT trees in a declarative/functional manner taking advantage transparently of all cores of your machine
- new ClassDefInline(MyClass, 3) to add ClassDef functionality without the need to generate a dictionary
which is especially useful for scripts and other non-framework cod
- full support of GCC 5 and up
A big thanks to everyone who has contributed, be it with patches and pull requests or bug reports!
Pere on behalf of the ROOT team