ROOT v5-17-06 with AliEn

Hello,

Checked out revision 21369.

Compilation fails here :

==> lib/libHbook.so done
bin/rmkdepend -R -fnetx/src/TXNetFile.d -Y -w 1000 – -pipe -m32 -Wall -W -Woverloaded-virtual -fPIC -Iinclude -pthread -I/usr/remote/prive/alien/alien-2-13/api//include/xrootd -Iproofd/inc -DOLDXRCPHYCONN -DOLDXRDOUC -D__cplusplus – netx/src/TXNetFile.cxx
g++ -O2 -pipe -m32 -Wall -W -Woverloaded-virtual -fPIC -Iinclude -pthread -I/usr/remote/prive/alien/alien-2-13/api//include/xrootd -Iproofd/inc -DOLDXRCPHYCONN -DOLDXRDOUC -o netx/src/TXNetFile.o -c netx/src/TXNetFile.cxx
netx/src/TXNetFile.cxx: In static member function static void TXNetFile::SetEnv()': netx/src/TXNetFile.cxx:1081:NAME_SOCKS4HOST’ undeclared (first use this
function)
netx/src/TXNetFile.cxx:1081: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
for each function it appears in.)
netx/src/TXNetFile.cxx:1082: NAME_SOCKS4PORT' undeclared (first use this function) netx/src/TXNetFile.cxx: In member functionvirtual void
TXNetFile::ResetCache()’:
netx/src/TXNetFile.cxx:1175: no matching function for call to `XrdClient::
RemoveAllDataFromCache()'
make: *** [netx/src/TXNetFile.o] Error 1

I do not know if this is related with AliEn. I use new AliEn 2.14. But I have the
same problem if I use 2.13 as before (I successfully built ROOT v5-17-04 with
the same procedure). Here is my configure for ROOT :

./configure linux
–with-pythia6-uscore=SINGLE
–enable-cern --disable-globus
–with-xrootd=/usr/remote/prive/alien/alien-2-13/api/
–enable-alien
–with-alien-incdir=/usr/remote/prive/alien/alien-2-13/api/include
–with-alien-libdir=/usr/remote/prive/alien/alien-2-13/api/lib
–enable-mathmore --enable-mathcore --enable-roofit
–enable-asimage --enable-minuit2

Thank you.

JM Barbet

Hi Jean-Michel.
If you compile root against alien-v2.14 you have to remove the configure option ‘-with-xrootd’. You have to use xrootd which comes with root. Don’t try to compile against alien-v2.13 anymore, this causes compatibility problems in xrootd.

Cheers Andreas.

Thank Andreas, with your advice it works. BTW, may I use alien 2.14 that I recently
installed ?

JM