Root_v5.12.00 compilation error

While compiling root 5.12 from source on FC4 with gcc 4.0.2 20051125
I get the following errors

g++ -O -pipe -Wall -W -Woverloaded-virtual -fPIC -Iinclude -DHAVE_CONFIG -pthread -DUSEPCH -include precompile.h -o roofit/src/RooAdaptiveGaussKronrodIntegrator1D.o -c roofit/src/RooAdaptiveGaussKronrodIntegrator1D.cxx
include/RooAdaptiveGaussKronrodIntegrator1D.h:49: error: ‘RooNumIntFactory’ has not been declared
roofit/src/RooAdaptiveGaussKronrodIntegrator1D.cxx:130: error: prototype for ‘void RooAdaptiveGaussKronrodIntegrator1D::registerIntegrator(RooNumIntFactory&)’ does not match any in class ‘RooAdaptiveGaussKronrodIntegrator1D’
include/RooAdaptiveGaussKronrodIntegrator1D.h:49: error: candidate is: static void RooAdaptiveGaussKronrodIntegrator1D::registerIntegrator(int&)
make: *** [roofit/src/RooAdaptiveGaussKronrodIntegrator1D.o] Error 1

Michal

Hi,

Compiling ROOT V5.12.00 on SuSE 10.1, I get the same error message:

bin/rmkdepend -R -froofit/src/RooAdaptiveGaussKronrodIntegrator1D.d -Y -w 1000 – -pipe -Wall -W -Woverloaded-virtual -fPIC -Iinclude -pthread -D__cplusplus – roofit/src/RooAdaptiveGaussKronrodIntegrator1D.cxx
g++ -O -pipe -Wall -W -Woverloaded-virtual -fPIC -Iinclude -pthread -DUSEPCH -include precompile.h -o roofit/src/RooAdaptiveGaussKronrodIntegrator1D.o -c roofit/src/RooAdaptiveGaussKronrodIntegrator1D.cxx
include/RooAdaptiveGaussKronrodIntegrator1D.h:49: error: ‘RooNumIntFactory’ has not been declared
roofit/src/RooAdaptiveGaussKronrodIntegrator1D.cxx:130: error: prototype for ‘void RooAdaptiveGaussKronrodIntegrator1D::registerIntegrator(RooNumIntFactory&)’ does not match any in class ‘RooAdaptiveGaussKronrodIntegrator1D’
include/RooAdaptiveGaussKronrodIntegrator1D.h:49: error: candidate is: static void RooAdaptiveGaussKronrodIntegrator1D::registerIntegrator(int&)
make: *** [roofit/src/RooAdaptiveGaussKronrodIntegrator1D.o] Error 1
rm utils/src/rootcint_tmp.cxx utils/src/RStl_tmp.cxx
tori:/opt/root_v5.12.00 #

Luckily, I may not need “–enable-roofit”, and when I remove it from the ./configure script, the ROOT compiled and installed without errors.

Dirk

Dirk,

Could you indicate which version of gcc you use.
I cannot reproduce the problem with gcc4.0.2

Rene

…here is the compiler that I used:

dime@tori:~> gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: i586-suse-linux
Configured with: …/configure --enable-threads=posix --prefix=/usr --with-local-prefix=/usr/local --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --libdir=/usr/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib --enable-languages=c,c++,objc,fortran,java,ada --enable-checking=release --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.1.0 --enable-ssp --disable-libssp --enable-java-awt=gtk --enable-gtk-cairo --disable-libjava-multilib --with-slibdir=/lib --with-system-zlib --enable-shared --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-libstdcxx-allocator=new --without-system-libunwind --with-cpu=generic --host=i586-suse-linux
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.1.0 (SUSE Linux)
dime@tori:~>

same error for me, my “gcc -v” command answer is:

Using built-in specs.
Target: i486-linux-gnu
Configured with: …/src/configure -v --enable-languages=c,c++,java,f95,objc,ada,treelang --prefix=/usr --enable-shared --with-system-zlib --libexecdir=/usr/lib --without-included-gettext --enable-threads=posix --enable-nls --program-suffix=-4.0 --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-java-awt=gtk-default --enable-gtk-cairo --with-java-home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.4.2-gcj-4.0-1.4.2.0/jre --enable-mpfr --disable-werror --with-tune=pentium4 --enable-checking=release i486-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.0.3 (Ubuntu 4.0.3-1ubuntu5)

OK so you are using gcc > 4.02 in both cases.
Fons will implement a workaround waiting for a final solution from Wouter.

Rene

Hi,

please checkout version 5.12.00 again or get the source distribution. We’ve fixed the problem with roofit (only change is that it now compiles with 4.1.x).

Cheers, Fons.