Root still cannot find VDT on Mac? (Building Garfield++)

I am trying to compile garfield++ on Mac and faced the same problem reported in the existing (and closed) topic “Error building Garfield++ on Mac using latest version of CMake”. (I cannot put the link to topic since I am a new user.)
The message I received from the cmake is the same as one in the previous report except for the root and cmake version.
This is my first time to build garfield++ on Mac. Do I have to update, refresh or reinstall something?

ROOT Version : 6.30.04
Plathome : macOS 14.3.1 (Sonoma)
Compiler : AppleClang 15.0.0.15000100 + gfortran 13.2.0
cmake version 3.28.3

$ cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$HOME/local/ ~/repos/garfieldpp
-- The CXX compiler identification is AppleClang 15.0.0.15000100
-- The Fortran compiler identification is GNU 13.2.0
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/c++ - skipped
-- Detecting CXX compile features
-- Detecting CXX compile features - done
-- Checking whether Fortran compiler has -isysroot
-- Checking whether Fortran compiler has -isysroot - yes
-- Checking whether Fortran compiler supports OSX deployment target flag
-- Checking whether Fortran compiler supports OSX deployment target flag - yes
-- Detecting Fortran compiler ABI info
-- Detecting Fortran compiler ABI info - done
-- Check for working Fortran compiler: /opt/homebrew/bin/gfortran - skipped
-- The installation folder is set to its default value /Users/ota/local
-- Install path: /Users/ota/local
-- If you want to change this path call cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=my_install_path ...
CMake Error at /opt/homebrew/Cellar/cmake/3.28.3/share/cmake/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:230 (message):
  Could NOT find Vdt (missing: VDT_INCLUDE_DIR VDT_LIBRARY)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /opt/homebrew/Cellar/cmake/3.28.3/share/cmake/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:600 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
  /opt/homebrew/Cellar/root/6.30.04/share/root/cmake/modules/FindVdt.cmake:63 (find_package_handle_standard_args)
  /opt/homebrew/Cellar/cmake/3.28.3/share/cmake/Modules/CMakeFindDependencyMacro.cmake:76 (find_package)
  /opt/homebrew/share/root/cmake/ROOTConfig.cmake:156 (find_dependency)
  CMakeLists.txt:71 (find_package)

It’s fixed for 6.30.06, but is not yet released. See Fix `find_package(root)` with Homebrew. Fixes #14113 by bellenot · Pull Request #14474 · root-project/root · GitHub

So in the meantime, I suggest editing the CMake file as suggested in the link above (last comments).

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. This information solved the problem. I could compile the garfield++.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.