ROOT setup on lxplus7

Hi all,
I’m trying to setup a ROOT >= 6.08.02 environment on lxplus7 (with LHCb login), to compile my project with CMake. I’m using the x86_64-centos7-gcc62-opt platform.

Trying to setup the environment with ‘SetupProject ROOT’, during the CMake configuration I get the error:

CMake Error at /usr/share/root/cmake/ROOTConfig-targets.cmake:948 (message):
The imported target “ROOT::Minuit2” references the file “/usr/lib64/root/libMinuit2.so.6.10.08” but this file does not exist.

which is not existing indeed.
Trying to setup it sourcing the thisroot.sh of some ROOT releases from /cvmfs/lhcb.cern.ch/lib/lcg/releases/LCG_/ROOT/6./x86_64-centos7-gcc62-opt/bin , I manage to compile the project but while running any macro which relies on ROOT libraries I get errors like:

symbol lookup error: /cvmfs/lhcb.cern.ch/lib/lcg/releases/ROOT/6.08.02-be67f/x86_64-centos7-gcc62-opt/lib/libNetxNG.so: undefined symbol: _ZN5XrdCl3URLC1ERKNSt7__cxx1112basic_stringIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEE

Trying to set the environment source the ROOT-env.sh files, I get:

Cannot find lcgenv! Exiting …

What is the suggested way to setup ROOT on lxplus7, then?
Thanks,

Alessio

Hi,
you can find instruction on how to setup ROOT on lxplus7 on each of the realeases’ pages, e.g. here, under “Example for setting up ROOT and the corresponding compiler from CVMFS”.

Hope this helps,
Enrico

Hi Enrico,
thanks for pointing out that page.
Unfortunately I also need C++14 specifications, which are a kind of problem with the x86_64-centos7-gcc48-opt platform that I see from the sft releases of ROOT for Centos 7.
Thanks anyway,

Alessio

Hi @apiucci, you can try using ROOT from LCG_92:

$ source /cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/views/LCG_92/x86_64-centos7-gcc62-opt/setup.sh

That shows:

$ root -l
root [0] __cplusplus
(long) 201402
root [1] 
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.