ROOT Reference Guide - new format

Hello,

Guys, could you please change back to the old format of pages for the ROOT Reference Guide? What I literally hate about the new version is that the class description is placed now before the function members list. However in 99.9% of cases I use the reference is to look up some function name and which parameters and in which order it accepts. So every time I have to “Page Down” a few times to skip the class description.

Siarhei.

Hi Siarhei,

[quote]However in 99.9% of cases I use the reference is to look up some function name and which parameters and in which order it accepts. So every time I have to “Page Down” a few times to skip the class description.[/quote]There is no need to use “Page Down” - just look at the header information; go to the Sections line and click on “function members” (second field there).

Cheers, Ilka

Hi Siarhei,

we had many comments suggesting the contrary: “why do you have the list of members, if I first need to check whether the class does what I need!” As Ilka said it’s easy to jump to the members list; but mark your vote. I will change it back if I get more votes for “members first” than for the current layout.

Cheers, Axel.

Hello Ilka and Axel,

Would it be difficult for you to save the preference into some cookie and generate the reference pages depending on it?

Siarhei.

Hi,
this might be possible by changing the CSS. You can either change your default $ROOTSYS/etc/html/ROOT.css or provide your own CSS, which you include by defining your own html header.
Cheers, Axel.