ROOT on condor lxplus

Dear, not a long time ago I used to submit jobs using condor with a script using ROOT that just worked fine, but for some reasons, ROOT is failing to be imported now:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/afs/cern.ch/user/u/user/dir/Script.py”, line 1, in
import ROOT
File “/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/ROOT/init.py”, line 34, in
import cppyy
File “/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/cppyy/init.py”, line 64, in
libcppyy_mod_name, major, minor))
ImportError: Failed to import libcppyy2_7. Please check that ROOT has been built for Python 2.7

Does anyone have the same issue and know how to solve it? I passed the environment variables and so on, but it doesn’t work …

Hi,

Your ROOT installation (you’re using ROOT installed in /usr/bin/ here?) seems broken. @etejedor can you diagnose the issue?

Cheers, Axel.

Hi,

I believe there is either a problem with the ROOT installation or with the environment. The PyROOT Python modules are installed on /usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/ (Python2 directory), but the PyROOT libraries can’t be found or they have not been built for Python2.7, according to the error message.

How did you set the environment? Do you have information about the ROOT installation in the node where your job runs?

Hi, I found a small issue in my submission file with passing the environment, thanks a lot for the suggestions