Root_numpy image not found

Hi all:

I have successfully installed root (v6.09) along with rootpy, but i am having some problems with getting root_numpy to work. For both rootpy and root_numpy, I downloaded the corresponding guthubs, then installed using

python setup.py --user install

However, when I try to import root_numpy in a python shell, I get

ImportError: dlopen(/Users/RMastandrea/Library/Python/2.7/lib/python/site-packages/root_numpy/_librootnumpy.so, 2): Library not loaded: @rpath/libHist.so
  Referenced from: /Users/RMastandrea/Library/Python/2.7/lib/python/site-packages/root_numpy/_librootnumpy.so
  Reason: image not found

Further, when I run make test within the root_numpy source file, I get the error

atal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread
make: *** [test-code] Abort trap: 6

I’m mainly confused because even if there are conflicting python paths on my machine, I thought that since I installed root_numpy in the same was as I did pyroot, there would be no inconsistencies.

Thanks!

Hi rrm1,

Please note that we do not support rootpy nor root_numpy, but the error you have looks like an environment configuration problem. It seems root_numpy can’t find the ROOT library libHist.so. Did you source $ROOTSYS/bin/thisroot.sh to configure the ROOT environment prior to importing root_numpy?

Cheers,

Enric

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.