ROOT not found after installing

Hi
I installed the package root_v6.10.08 from .dmg package (I didn’t install it from terminal). System is showing that it has been installed but in terminal root command is unrecognised.
Thank you :slight_smile:

HI Sharma,
try to add to your .bash_profile the line

source /pathToYourRootFolder/root_v6.10.08/bin/thisroot.sh

Cheers
Stefano

PS

If you don’t know what is or how modify your bash_profile, ask me without problem

It’s working!!! But the following is appearing…

and when I am running my code…

Hi, @HIMANSHU_SHARMA, you need to have XCode installed (the full version) to be able to use ROOT. Do you have it installed?

Yes! I did it before installing the root. As you told I am using XCode 8.2.1.

Hello @Axel
I am struggling with the same kind of problem as you encountered before in Embedded cling error with latest xcode - #22 by Axel
I tried…

echo ‘#include ’ | clang -x c++ -fsyntax-only -v - "

giving the following output…

What can I do?

sorry for the late response.

try to add also this line to your bash_profile

export ROOTSYS=/pathToYourRootFolder/root_v6.10.08
export PATH=$ROOTSYS/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ROOTSYS/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ROOTSYS/lib:$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH

cheers
Stefano

Hello
This is my bash_profile after adding these lines, but there is no progress still I am getting the previous error messages…

You don’t have Xcode installed, or the command line doesn’t find it. Maybe xcode-select --install helps?

After " xcode-select --install "

It is showing…

xcode-select: error: command line tools are already installed, use “Software Update” to install updates

Can you re-configure from scratch? I.e. not cmake . but cmake -DWhatever-you-need=On ../src?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.