ROOT not compiling on Mac 10.12.2 Sierra

I followed the guide : root.cern.ch/building-root to compile ROOT as standard as possible.
I downloaded the source and called:

Downloads ✌️  $ mkdir rootBuild
Downloads ✌️  $ cd rootBuild/
rootBuild ✌️  $ ls
rootBuild ✌️  $ cmake ../root-
root-6.08.02/
rootBuild ✌️  $ cmake ../root-
root-6.08.02/
rootBuild ✌️  $ cmake ../root-6.08.02/
rootBuild ✌️  $ cmake --build . -- -j4

After 33% building I am stuck with the error:

CMake Error at /Users/Knowledge/Downloads/rootBuild/FREETYPE-prefix/src/FREETYPE-stamp/FREETYPE-configure-RelWithDebInfo.cmake:16 (message):
  Command failed: 2

'./configure' '--prefix' '/Users/Knowledge/Downloads/rootBuild/FREETYPE-prefix' '--with-pic' '--disable-shared' '--with-png=no' '--with-bzip2=no' '--with-harfbuzz=no' 'CC=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/cc' 'CFLAGS=-O'

See also

/Users/Knowledge/Downloads/rootBuild/FREETYPE-prefix/src/FREETYPE-stamp/FREETYPE-configure-*.log

make[2]: *** [FREETYPE-prefix/src/FREETYPE-stamp/FREETYPE-configure] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/FREETYPE.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

How can I proceed?

Can you attach the output of the cmake command (on an empty build area) and these two files /Users/Knowledge/Downloads/rootBuild/FREETYPE-prefix/src/FREETYPE-stamp/FREETYPE-configure-*.log

There attached the two files. Furthermore I had to change the ending from log -> txt.
FREETYPE-configure-err.txt (14.2 KB)
FREETYPE-configure-out.txt (98.3 KB)

Hi,
One of the errors complains about the make version. What is the version of make?

make --version

Did you install the Xcode command line tools? (xcode-select --install)

Pere

My make version is GNU MAKE 3.81
And yes xcode command line tools are installed.

Do you have any other clue than the make version on how to fix this one?

I got the same error with macOS 10.12.5 and ROOT 6.08.06 after upgrading my Mac from El Capitan to Sierra, but xcode-select --install resolved the issue.