Root libraries problem on OS X Sierra

I downloaded the precompiled version of root, root_v6.08.02.macosx64-10.12-clang80.tar.gz, it seems to work but I see this error every time I launch it:

ERROR in cling::CIFactory::createCI(): cannot extract standard library include paths! Invoking: LC_ALL=C /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/c++ -O2 -DNDEBUG -xc++ -E -v /dev/null 2>&1 >/dev/null | awk '/^#include </,/^End of search/{if (!/^#include </ && !/^End of search/){ print }}' | GREP_OPTIONS= grep -E "(c|g)\+\+" Results was: With exit code 256 input_line_1:1:10: fatal error: 'new' file not found #include <new> ^ input_line_3:38:10: fatal error: 'string' file not found #include <string> ^ input_line_7:1:10: fatal error: 'iostream' file not found #include <iostream>
how could I fix this?

Did you install Xcode and the command line tools? root.cern.ch/build-prerequisites#macosx

I thought the command line tools were sufficient, I’m installing Xcode right now

Installing command line tools implies the installation of Xcode. Probably you had a version already then. But, this version should be compatible with version 8.0 (in the name of the .dmg you downloaded).

it worked!! Thanks

Hey, this was exactly the problem I faced last night. Thanks for the post and the solution!