Root issue: math.h brooken

Dear All,
I just found out that my root seems to be broken, for instance if I tried to run my code which was running without any problem by doing for instance:

root -l ttbar_abcd.root \\ which is a file containing a tree named myTree
myTree->Process("myDate.C")

I got this error:

fatal error: file '/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/include/c++/v1/math.h' modified since it was first processed
Error in <TSelector::GetSelector>: The file myData.C does not define a class named myData.

Can someone tell me what’s the issue please ?
Thanks in advance,
cheers,
Diallo.

Hi Diallo,

could it be that you upgraded something in your system without recompiling ROOT?

Cheers,
D

Hi ,
thanks for replying, actually I don’t remember to update something but by considering that could be the issue, I run it like that

myTree->Process("myData.C++")

and I still got the issue

Info in <TMacOSXSystem::ACLiC>: creating shared library /Users/dialloboye/Documents/Programming/abcd_method/ttbar/./myData_C.so
Warning in cling::IncrementalParser::CheckABICompatibility():
  Possible C++ standard library mismatch, compiled with _LIBCPP_VERSION '4000'
  Extraction of runtime standard library version was: '5000'
Error in <ACLiC>: Dictionary generation failed!
Error in <TSelector::GetSelector>: The file myData.C++ does not define a class named myData.

Could you run on it to see if you got the same issue please ?
myData.C (25.7 KB)
myData.h (7.1 KB)
AtlasStyle.h (388 Bytes)
ttbar_abcd.root (1.7 MB)

Hi,

this last message is indeed a sign of something which is not under control in the system.
I suggest to rebuild ROOT.

Cheers,
D

Hi,
You are right, this is related to my root system, actually I run it on lxplus and it works.
However I uninstall my root and install it again but I got the same issue. I was wondering maybe the way I uninstall root was not correct. Do you think that is enough to uninstall root just by removing all the directory ?
Cheers,
Diallo.

Do you think that is enough to uninstall root just by removing all the directory ?

It should be but you need to make sure to remove all version of ROOT (or at least make sure they are no longer in the PATH).

You also need to recompile all your own code.

Cheers,
Philippe.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.