ROOT installing issue

Hi guys,

I would like to ask somebody to fix my issue concerning correct installation of the plotting package PyROOT to my linux (CentOS) system. I have downloaded binaties for installing, have installed PyROOT successfully then I have set environment variables with typing command:
export ROOTSYS=*****/root
I have set the Library Path as well:
export SHLIB_PATH=$SHLIB_PATH:$ROOTSYS/lib
but afterwards trying to run PyROOT I get the error message:

root: /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.8’ not found (required by root) …??? Could somebody help me with this?

Moreover, when I am trying to run a script written in python for plotting some graphs , particularly file - python plot_orbit.py …I get this error message:

You need to install PyROOT to run this plotting routine.
Got data from file rogers_90_deg_bend-trackOrbit.dat
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “plot_orbit.py”, line 173, in
main()
File “plot_orbit.py”, line 166, in main
canvas, axes, graph = plot_x_y_projection(step_list)
File “plot_orbit.py”, line 72, in plot_x_y_projection
canvas = ROOT.TCanvas(“x_y_projection”, “x_y_projection”)
NameError: global name ‘ROOT’ is not defined

…I dont know if the first issue concerns with this second one but apparently there is smth wrong with PyRoot installation I have made…

Thanks for helps
Jozef

Local gcc is older than used for ROOT build. Upgrade.

Add “$ROOTSYS/lib” to PYTHONPATH envar. Or source bin/thisroot.sh.

If setting PYTHONPATH does not fix: script missing ‘import ROOT’.

-Dom

Local gcc is older than used for ROOT build. Upgrade.

Add “$ROOTSYS/lib” to PYTHONPATH envar. Or source bin/thisroot.sh.

If setting PYTHONPATH does not fix: script missing ‘import ROOT’.

-Dom[/quote]

Hi Dominique,
first of all thanks for your reply and advices…

1. Local gcc is older than used for ROOT build. Upgrade.
    I was trying to update it by installing devtools 1.1. but unsuccessfully because I dont have permission to do it since that computer is not my private but at work so I will have to ask my colleague to do it

2.Add “$ROOTSYS/lib” to PYTHONPATH envar. Or source bin/thisroot.sh. and 3. If setting PYTHONPATH does not fix: script missing ‘import ROOT’.
I have made it by commands:
export PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:ROOTSYS/lib
as well as
export PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:bin/thisroot.sh
but it didn’ t fix the issue and the script not missing ‘import ROOT’

Cheers
Jozef

[quote=“dood04”]I was trying to update it by installing devtools 1.1. but unsuccessfully[/quote]Need not be system: can install in your $HOME only, just mod PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to new gcc.

[quote=“dood04”]export PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:ROOTSYS/lib[/quote]export PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:$ROOTSYS/lib

[quote=“dood04”]export PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:bin/thisroot.sh[/quote]No, need sourcing:$ cd $ROOTSYS $ source bin/thisroot.sh
-Dom