ROOT installation problem with TGraph

Hello,

I have installed root on my computer (Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex) and everything works fine except when I want to build a graph/histogram. I am getting a weird error message (see below) and I do not understand where it comes from. My ROOTSYS and path and lib_path are all good so I really do not know. I also reinstalled ROOT hoping it would help but the problem remains the same.

thank you very much for your help!

root [0] int x[4]={0,1,2,3};
root [1] int y[4]={0,1,2,3};
root [2] TGraph *gr1=new TGraph(4,x,y);
dlopen error: /home/calypso/Applications/root/lib/libMathCore.so: undefined symbol: gCint
Load Error: Failed to load Dynamic link library /home/calypso/Applications/root/lib/libMathCore.so
Error in TCint::AutoLoadCallback: failure loading dependent library libMathCore.so for class TGraph
Error in TCint::AutoLoadCallback: failure loading dependent library libMatrix.so for class TGraph
dlopen error: /home/calypso/Applications/root/lib/libHist.so: undefined symbol: _ZTIN4ROOT3Fit7BinDataE
Load Error: Failed to load Dynamic link library /home/calypso/Applications/root/lib/libHist.so
Error in TCint::AutoLoadCallback: failure loading library libHist.so for class TGraph
*** Interpreter error recovered ***
root [3]

I cannot reproduce this problem. Which version did you install?
More details please.

Rene

Well I went on the website and downloaded the source file for version 5.18. I unzipped it and then did ./configure to install it. I tried to do a make and make install after that but it says that there is nothing to be done and everything is installed properly.

and like i said all the rest works fine. it’s just each time it calls to make any graphics then it bugs and it’s always the same error message.

there is not much more that I can say. I have not done anything special really. just installed it.