ROOT, homebrew and setting CMake flags

ROOT Version: Not relevant
Platform: macOS Mojave 10.14
Compiler: Not relevant

Hi all,

I’m trying to get my head around homebrew at the moment (new mac user…) and I was wondering if there were a way to change the cmake flags being used? The original reason for this is that I was having issues running code that uses RDataFrame and another post I sawsuggested that I needed to build my local version of ROOT in C++ 14 compliant mode, however I can’t see an obvious way to do this with homebrew.

I guess I could just download the source code and rebuild manually but I quite like the ability to (relatively) simply switch versions that brew provides.

Cheers,
Jon

I found a fix for this - it feels like a bit of a hack but I think it might be the best option short of changing the ‘official’ homebrew formula.
Calling brew edit root allows changing the local version of the formula - from here the cmake flags can be edited.

Cheers,
Jon

Brew being a binary distribution, you cannot change the flags of the official package, and it seems the only variants they offer is for Python 2.x vs 3.x. What you did is the best choice, I guess if you want to stay with Homebrew. You should consider making a pull request to change the default options if you think it’s worth it. Cheers,

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.