ROOT_GENERATE_DICTIONARY More on cmake in 6.14/02

ROOT Version: 6.14/02
Platform: CentOS 7-5.1804.5/x86_64
Compiler: gcc version 4.8.5 20150623 (Red Hat 4.8.5-28) (GCC)

Hi all,
I’ve faced the same problem as described in ROOT_GENERATE_DICTIONARY failing with CMake 3.11 and ROOT 6.14.02

My fix was to remove

${CMAKE_COMMAND} -E

from definition of “command” and it works. But in addition to that I had to fix the minimal required version of cmake in RootUseFile.cmake
Could you, please, ease the requirement on the cmake version (e.g. to 2.8.12 which is the default version for CentOS7 as of now)?

Best regards,
Andrii

Dear Andrii, thank you for reporting the problem. I will see how we can fix that. However, ROOT really needs the version of CMake as stated, we cannot lower the requirement. The problem you see is probably a symptom of using an old version of CMake. On CentOS 7, you can easily get CMake 3.x via the epel-release (and the latest version of ROOT too, BTW). Cheers,

$ yum install epel-release
$ yum install cmake3 root

The above will give you ROOT 6.14/04 and CMake 3.12, that should be fine with ROOT as is.

Hi Guilherme,
thanks a lot for pointing me to cmake3. Somehow I’ve missed that it is available in epel.
Everything what I’ve wanted works now.

Best regards,
Andrii

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.