Root for slc5, gcc43

Hello everyone,

I’ve been trying to compile, and create a shared object for, my Analysis code using slc5 and gcc43. It runs fine when using slc4 and gcc34, but I get the following errors in slc5:

.L GeneralAnalysisCode.C+
Info in TUnixSystem::ACLiC: creating shared library /afs/cern.ch/user/a/arelycg/public/MergedStudies/./GeneralAnalysisCode_C.so
In file included from /usr/include/signal.h:333,
from /afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/5.22.00d/i686-slc5-gcc43-opt/root/include/cint/G__ci.h:478,
from /afs/cern.ch/user/a/arelycg/public/MergedStudies/./GeneralAnalysisCode_C_ACLiC_dict.h:18,
from /afs/cern.ch/user/a/arelycg/public/MergedStudies/./GeneralAnalysisCode_C_ACLiC_dict.cxx:16:
/usr/include/bits/sigcontext.h:28:29: error: asm/sigcontext.h: No such file or directory
In file included from /usr/include/bits/posix1_lim.h:153,
from /usr/include/limits.h:145,
from /afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/contrib/gcc/4.3.2/i686-slc5-gcc34-opt/bin/…/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.2/include-fixed/limits.h:122,
from /afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/contrib/gcc/4.3.2/i686-slc5-gcc34-opt/bin/…/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.2/include-fixed/syslimits.h:7,
from /afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/contrib/gcc/4.3.2/i686-slc5-gcc34-opt/bin/…/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.2/include-fixed/limits.h:11,
from /afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/5.22.00d/i686-slc5-gcc43-opt/root/include/cint/G__ci.h:480,
from /afs/cern.ch/user/a/arelycg/public/MergedStudies/./GeneralAnalysisCode_C_ACLiC_dict.h:18,
from /afs/cern.ch/user/a/arelycg/public/MergedStudies/./GeneralAnalysisCode_C_ACLiC_dict.cxx:16:
/usr/include/bits/local_lim.h:36:26: error: linux/limits.h: No such file or directory

which I’m not sure if are related to missing libraries or to the root version/compiler.

In both cases I used the root version from the Atlas release (15.4.0)

Doing echo $ROOTSYS I get:
working: /afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/5.22.00d/slc4_ia32_gcc34/root
not working: /afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/5.22.00d/i686-slc5-gcc43-opt/root

Does anyone have any idea what could be? Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Arely

Hi,

This seems to be a system issue. (I.e. potentially missing system header).
Can you try on a different machine?

Cheers,
Philippe.

Hello Philippe,

Thanks for your reply. I should have mentioned that. I used slc4 in lxplus (creating the so successfully). It fails when running on a local machine (with slc5). I tried again in lxplus with different compiler:
echo $ROOTSYS
/afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/5.22.00d/slc4_ia32_gcc43/root

and it still creates the so without problem.

So, it’s most likely something missing in the local machine for slc5… any clues on that?

Thanks, Arely

Hi,

I think those header are in the kernel-headers(-*) rpm package(s).

Cheers,
Philippe.

Hello Philippe,

It turned out to be the kernel-headers RPM, as you suggested. Thanks.

Arely