So, I have this root file that I made. If I just open it with a TBrowser it opens fine and I can click on the leaves and they would show sensible distributions. But now if I try to read it with a macro, with the usual, it fails the moment I do a chain->GetEntry(0). It gives errors that I have attached here, rootprob.txt.
This is the basic structure of my macro to read the root file:
TChain *chain = new TChain(“soanaltree”);
analvar *skt2kvar = new analvar; //this comes from a c-struct class that I have all my variables stored in
It reads the file and tells me how many entries I have and all; just the GetEntry(i) fails. I could send you the root file if you want, but I am guessing other people might have seen errors like this before.
I am using root_v5.26.00b_SL54_64.
rootprob.txt (13.2 KB)