ROOT fails to build on Linux Mint 15 with CMake

All,

I am using Linux Mint 15 and trying to build root v5-34-07 from the git repository using CMake.

Here are my cmake options:
cmake -Dbonjour=OFF -Dc++11=ON

Initially it was failing at portions related to bonjour. I believe bonjour is a mac thing so I turned it off, not sure why it was building by default though. I also want to write c++ with c++11 features with root which is why I turned the c++11 option on.

CMake then configures as follows:

-- Found GCC. Major version 4, minor version 7 -- CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE: RelWithDebInfo -- Performing Test HAS_CXX11 -- Performing Test HAS_CXX11 - Success -- Found a 64bit system -- Found GNU compiler collection -- ROOT Platform: linux -- ROOT Architecture: linuxx8664gcc -- Build Type: RelWithDebInfo -- Compiler Flags: -pipe -m64 -Wall -W -Woverloaded-virtual -fPIC -std=c++11 -Wno-deprecated-declaration -- Looking for ZLib -- Looking for Freetype -- Looking for PCRE -- Looking for LZMA -- Found LZMA includes at /usr/include -- Found LZMA library at /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/liblzma.so -- Looking for X11 -- Looking for GSL -- Looking for Python -- Found Python interpreter version 2.7 -- Looking for GCCXML -- Looking for Kerberos 5 -- Looking for OpenSSL -- Enabled support for: asimage astiff builtin_afterimage builtin_ftgl builtin_glew c++11 cintex exceptions explicitlink genvector krb5 ldap mathmore memstat python reflex shadowpw shared ssl tmva xft x11 -- Configuring done -- Generating done -- Build files have been written to: /usr/local/src/root-build

During the build I get several warnings about root/misc/minicern/src/hbook.f and root/misc/minicern/src/zebra.f
Here are some of them,

[code]Warning: Rank mismatch in argument ‘ixdivp’ at (1) (rank-1 and scalar)
/usr/local/src/root/misc/minicern/src/zebra.f:1720.53:

IF (JBYT(IXSTOR,27,6).NE.JQSTOR)  CALL MZSDIV (IXSTOR,-7)         

Warning: Rank mismatch in argument ‘ixdivp’ at (1) (rank-1 and scalar)
/usr/local/src/root/misc/minicern/src/zebra.f:1899.19:

CALL MZCHLS (-7,LQSUP)                                            

Warning: Rank mismatch in argument ‘ixst’ at (1) (rank-1 and scalar)
/usr/local/src/root/misc/minicern/src/zebra.f:1916.19:

CALL MZCHLS (-7,LNEXT)                                            [/code]

Later on I receive fatal errors that prevent the build from proceeding,

[ 41%] Building CXX object io/io/CMakeFiles/RIO.dir/src/TKeyMapFile.cxx.o [ 41%] Building CXX object io/io/CMakeFiles/RIO.dir/src/TStreamerInfoReadBuffer.cxx.o {standard input}: Assembler messages: {standard input}:96430: Warning: end of file not at end of a line; newline inserted {standard input}:97359: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.l' {standard input}: Error: open CFI at the end of file; missing .cfi_endproc directive c++: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1plus) Please submit a full bug report, with preprocessed source if appropriate. See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.7/README.Bugs> for instructions. make[2]: *** [io/io/CMakeFiles/RIO.dir/src/TStreamerInfoReadBuffer.cxx.o] Error 4 make[1]: *** [io/io/CMakeFiles/RIO.dir/all] Error 2 Linking CXX shared library ../../lib/libSmatrix.so [ 45%] Built target Smatrix make: *** [all] Error 2

I am using g++ (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.7.3-1ubuntu1) 4.7.3
gfortran -v yields the following,

Using built-in specs. COLLECT_GCC=gfortran COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.7/lto-wrapper Target: x86_64-linux-gnu Configured with: ../src/configure -v --with-pkgversion='Ubuntu/Linaro 4.7.3-1ubuntu1' --with-bugurl=file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.7/README.Bugs --enable-languages=c,c++,go,fortran,objc,obj-c++ --prefix=/usr --program-suffix=-4.7 --enable-shared --enable-linker-build-id --libexecdir=/usr/lib --without-included-gettext --enable-threads=posix --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.7 --libdir=/usr/lib --enable-nls --with-sysroot=/ --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-libstdcxx-time=yes --enable-gnu-unique-object --enable-plugin --with-system-zlib --enable-objc-gc --with-cloog --enable-cloog-backend=ppl --disable-cloog-version-check --disable-ppl-version-check --enable-multiarch --disable-werror --with-arch-32=i686 --with-abi=m64 --with-multilib-list=m32,m64,mx32 --with-tune=generic --enable-checking=release --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --host=x86_64-linux-gnu --target=x86_64-linux-gnu Thread model: posix gcc version 4.7.3 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.7.3-1ubuntu1)

Sorry for this being so long, but I hope this contains enough information to lead to some answers, I couldn’t find any relevant answers through google so maybe a developer can provide some advice.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

A few tries with the ./configure and make method and I’m up and running. I’ll consider the cmake build system not-yet ready for non-rhel based linux distributions.

I’ll keep the post up here as an indication of possible problems on other systems.

Looking forward to ROOT 6!