Root error maybe you need to load the corresponding shared library?

hello,

I have written this C++ code, later on i Loaded it with .L gambler.cpp and then excute it gambler(). the code worked fine but if i try to reload it again the complier gave this error:

IncrementalExecutor::executeFunction: symbol '_ZNSt3__1L17__libcpp_allocateEmm' unresolved while linking [cling interface function]!

You are probably missing the definition of std::__1::__libcpp_allocate(unsigned long, unsigned long)

Maybe you need to load the corresponding shared library?

IncrementalExecutor::executeFunction: symbol '_ZNSt3__1L19__libcpp_deallocateEPvmm' unresolved while linking [cling interface function]!

You are probably missing the definition of std::__1::__libcpp_deallocate(void*, unsigned long, unsigned long)

IncrementalExecutor::executeFunction: symbol '_ZNSt3__1L4moveIRdEEONS_16remove_referenceIT_E4typeEOS3_' unresolved while linking [cling interface function]!

You are probably missing the definition of std::__1::remove_reference<double&>::type&& std::__1::move<double&>(double&)

IncrementalExecutor::executeFunction: symbol '_ZNSt3__1L4swapIPdEENS_9enable_ifIXaasr21is_move_constructibleIT_EE5valuesr18is_move_assignableIS3_EE5valueEvE4typeERS3_S6_' unresolved while linking [cling interface function]!

You are probably missing the definition of std::__1::enable_if<(is_move_constructible<double*>::value) && (is_move_assignable<double*>::value), void>::type std::__1::swap<double*>(double*&, double*&)

IncrementalExecutor::executeFunction: symbol '_ZNSt3__1L7forwardIDnEEOT_RNS_16remove_referenceIS1_E4typeE' unresolved while linking [cling interface function]!

You are probably missing the definition of std::nullptr_t&& std::__1::forward<std::nullptr_t>(std::__1::remove_reference<std::nullptr_t>::type&)

IncrementalExecutor::executeFunction: symbol '_ZNSt3__1L3maxImEERKT_S3_S3_' unresolved while linking [cling interface function]!

You are probably missing the definition of unsigned long const& std::__1::max<unsigned long>(unsigned long const&, unsigned long const&)

IncrementalExecutor::executeFunction: symbol '_ZNSt3__1L3minImEERKT_S3_S3_' unresolved while linking [cling interface function]!

You are probably missing the definition of unsigned long const& std::__1::min<unsigned long>(unsigned long const&, unsigned long const&)

IncrementalExecutor::executeFunction: symbol '_ZNSt3__1L16__to_raw_pointerIdEEPT_S2_' unresolved while linking [cling interface function]!

You are probably missing the definition of double* std::__1::__to_raw_pointer<double>(double*)

IncrementalExecutor::executeFunction: symbol '_ZNSt3__1L7forwardIRNS_9allocatorIdEEEEOT_RNS_16remove_referenceIS4_E4typeE' unresolved while linking [cling interface function]!

You are probably missing the definition of std::__1::allocator<double>& std::__1::forward<std::__1::allocator<double>&>(std::__1::remove_reference<std::__1::allocator<double>&>::type&)

IncrementalExecutor::executeFunction: symbol '_ZNSt3__1L20__throw_length_errorEPKc' unresolved while linking [cling interface function]!

You are probably missing the definition of std::__1::__throw_length_error(char const*)

IncrementalExecutor::executeFunction: symbol '_ZNSt3__1L7forwardIdEEOT_RNS_16remove_referenceIS1_E4typeE' unresolved while linking [cling interface function]!

You are probably missing the definition of double&& std::__1::forward<double>(std::__1::remove_reference<double>::type&)

IncrementalExecutor::executeFunction: symbol '_ZNSt3__1L7forwardIRKdEEOT_RNS_16remove_referenceIS3_E4typeE' unresolved while linking [cling interface function]!

You are probably missing the definition of double const& std::__1::forward<double const&>(std::__1::remove_reference<double const&>::type&)

this is the code
gambler.cpp (425 Bytes)

_ROOT Version: 6.22/00
Platform: mac os
Compiler: Not Provided

1 Like

Hi,
loading the same macro multiple times in the same ROOT session is fragile. Why do you need to load it multiple times? Note that you can execute gambler() multiple times after loading the macro once.

Cheers,
Enrico

Hello eguirad,

i load it multiple times because sometimes i change something in the code, and i after i Load the updated code it does give me this error except if i quit root and start agian

Loading a macro, editing the code and loading it again is not supported except in the simplest cases, I’m afraid. @Axel might comment further when he’s back (next week).

As a slightly different workflow, you can simply re-execute the macro from the terminal with root -l -b -q macro.cpp, or work in a Jupyter notebook (e.g. with root --notebook).

Cheers,
Enrico

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.