Root_Error (Help!)

Hello,
I try to modify a code everything was OK but it started to give an error “Root_Error: PostSource TUnixSystem::DispatchSignals() 10-Sep-2009 00:58:47 CEST Run: 100718 Event: 40000 segmentation violation” when I add the last part

I really dont understand what the problem is. I compiled and run that part before I put it in. I looked several times if I had any mistake but I couldnt figured anything.
Please help me

I attached my code and log file.
hf_LightCalRand100718.txt (5.78 KB)
HFLightLeak.txt (20.7 KB)

Hi,

[quote]"Root_Error: PostSource TUnixSystem::DispatchSignals() 10-Sep-2009 00:58:47 CEST Run:
[/quote]This ‘only’ means that a crash/problem happened somewhere in your code and that the part of the frameworks that is printing the information about the crash is the root crash handler.

[quote]I try to modify a code everything was OK but it started to give an error[/quote] How do you modify the code? You might be doing something unexpected (by the rest of the code).

[quote]I really dont understand what the problem is. I compiled and run that part before I put it in. I looked several times if I had any mistake but I couldnt figured anything.
Please help me [/quote]The first 2 things to try are to try to run your code with valgrind (see valgrind.org) or gdb to get more information about the crash.

Cheers,
Philippe.

[quote=“pcanal”]
The first 2 things to try are to try to run your code with valgrind (see valgrind.org) or gdb to get more information about the crash.

Cheers,
Philippe.[/quote]

Ok but how can I run my program in valgrind?
I run the program in my lxplus account and I also use a shell program to run it
I mean it is like: source runHFLightLeak.csh 100718

1st how can I install valgrind to my lxplus account, probably my quota will not be enough.
2nd how can I run it with valgrind

Thanks a lot
Eda,

Hi Eda,

You would need to dig through you shell script and find where the executable (presumably cmsRun) is called and prefix this call with a call to valgrind.
Alternatively, you should contact your local/cms support group to help you through debugging your code.

Cheers,
Philippe.