ROOT doesn't recognize iterator over map< int, vector<double> >

Hi! I have a map<int, vector<double>> in a root file and I want to open it and access the vectors inside.

At first, ROOT didn’t seem to recognize the map<int, vector<double>> type, so I added this line in LinkDef.h

#pragma link C++ class map<int, vector<double>>;

And here is my script:

(Bunch of #include)
using namespace std;
void macro_test (  ) {

TFile *f = new TFile("datafile.root");
	map<int, vector<double>> *MyMap;

TTree *T = (TTree*)f->Get("SomeData");
	T->SetBranchAddress("m_map",&MyMap);
	T->GetEntry(0);
	cout << (*MyMap).size <<endl ; //size is correctly printed 

for(map<int, vector<double> >::iterator it = (*MyMap).begin();  it != (*MyMap).end(); ++it) {
	    cout << it->first << " ";
	}

cout << endl;

}

But then I get this error :

Error: Symbol it is not defined in current scope  macro_test.C
Error: Failed to evaluate it->first

I also tried using (*it).first but I got the same result. It seems that the iterator itself doesn’t exist, but the loop runs correctly if I print a simple statement like cout << "Loop iteration works! << endl;".

Thanks a lot,
Jasmeru

Which version of ROOT are you using?
Did you load the library containing the dictionary corresponding to the modified LinkDef file?

Cheers,
Philippe.

I’m using ROOT 5.34. And you’re right, I forgot to load the library using gSystem->Load("Mylib.so").

I’ve added this command but then I got the following error, which makes no sense to me :

Error: operator== not defined for map<int,vector<double,allocator<double> >,less<int>,allocator<pair<const int,vector<double,allocator<double> > > > >::iteratorError: operator== not defined for map<int,vector<double,allocator<double> >,less<int>,allocator<pair<const int,vector<double,allocator<double> > > > >::iterator function.h:33:
Error: non class,struct,union object it used with . or -> 
Error: << Illegal operator for pointer 3

Then I thought maybe I need to define the iterator as well as the map in the LinkDef, so I added #pragma link C++ class map<int, vector<double>>::iterator; but then I got the same error as in my first post (Symbol it is not defined).

You also need to generate the dictionary for the operators.

#pragma link C++ operators map<int, vector<double>>;
#pragma link C++ operator map<int, vector<double>>::iterator; 
#pragma link C++ operator map<int, vector<double>>::const_iterator;
#pragma link C++ operator map<int, vector<double>>::reverse_iterator;

Cheers,
Philippe.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.