ROOT crash on windows 10

Hi so I’m a student and completely new to any type of programming, so this may be a simple fix. I’m using ROOT for an internship and in this internship I’m required to execute .c files. Whenever I open ROOT and run a file (.x “MY FILE’s PATH.c”) I immediately get a popup box saying that root.exe has stopped working. Oddly enough, when I execute “TBrowser tb;” I am able to execute my original files without ROOT crashing. Is there a way to fix this so I don’t have to open TBrowser tb each time? I’m running windows 10 currently.

First of all, I wouldn’t name a macro “MY FILE’s PATH.c” (if it’s the real name of the macro). Then, it would be interesting to know what you do in your macro (otherwise it would be difficult to guess…)

Hi,

Yeah sorry when I put that in this post I meant it as a placeholder for the file’s name. The file’s name is something along the lines of “C:\Users…\analysis.c” The intermediate names have personal information which is why I didn’t put the full file name.

The macro is relatively simple; I’m just creating a canvas and dividing it into 4 pads to put 4 TGraphErrors plots.

Then it should work…

Like I said it does work but only after I first execute “TBrowser tb;” in my session. If I quit my session and only try to run the file then it says root.exe has stopped working

Please share your code, otherwise we won’t be able to help.

Code as in my macro or code in my root terminal?

The content of your macro (or attach the macro itself)

stddev.c (4.7 KB)

remove the `gPad->Modified();’ statement at line 5 of your macro (gPad is not yet valid…)

I removed the line and it still crashes without TBrowser tb

Apologies, that did fix the issue I was running the wrong macro. Thank you so much!

1 Like

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

Cheers, Bertrand.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.