Root crash for GetImageWithStatistic::SaveData TUnixSystem called from GATE/Geant4

_ROOT Version: Root 6.12/06
_Platform: Raspberry Pi running Raspbian (Debian) v9 (stretch)
_Compiler: Compiled from source with cmake

Hello all
I’m reasonably new to Root, and have been using it exclusively in conjunction with GATE/Geant4 as it is used to interact with the simulation. As a side project I have been trying to run GATE/Geant4 on a raspberry Pi. I am aware that this is not a supported platform for Root however hoped you may be able to help.

Root compiled successfully after expanding the allocated Swap during the installation process, I have since re-reduced it to the standard size. I can run Root and the included demos so I believe the installation is fine.

When I run a simulation, as it tries to use Root to write out the results I receive this error message:

*** Break *** segmentation violation

===========================================================
There was a crash.
This is the entire stack trace of all threads:
#0 0x72ce4c90 in __GI___waitpid (pid=pid
entry=888, stat_loc=stat_loc
entry=0x7e81f2d4, options=options
entry=0) at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/waitpid.c:29
#1 0x72c7fc60 in do_system (line=<optimized out>) at ../sysdeps/posix/system.c:148
#2 0x766f57e4 in TUnixSystem::Exec (shellcmd=<optimized out>, this=0x0) at /usr/local/root/root-6.12.06/core/unix/src/TUnixSystem.cxx:2118
#3 TUnixSystem::StackTrace (this=0x0) at /usr/local/root/root-6.12.06/core/unix/src/TUnixSystem.cxx:2412
#4 0x766f7c38 in TUnixSystem::DispatchSignals (this=0x250a168, sig=kSigSegmentationViolation) at /usr/local/root/root-6.12.06/core/unix/src/TUnixSystem.cxx:3643
#5 <signal handler called>
#6 0x002fb52c in GateImageWithStatistic::SaveData(int, bool) ()
#7 0x7e821660 in ?? ()

The lines below might hint at the cause of the crash.
You may get help by asking at the ROOT forum http://root.cern.ch/forum.
Only if you are really convinced it is a bug in ROOT then please submit a
report at http://root.cern.ch/bugs. Please post the ENTIRE stack trace
from above as an attachment in addition to anything else
that might help us fixing this issue.
#6 0x002fb52c in GateImageWithStatistic::SaveData(int, bool) ()
#7 0x7e821660 in ?? ()

I’ve tried to google the answer but my unfamiliarity means I’m not sure how to use the information that I can find for these error messages. If anyone could offer a pointer for me to try and fix this, that would be very much appreciated.
Thank you

There was a crash in GateImageWithStatistic::SaveData(int, bool). That’s not ROOT’s code - so we cannot help…

Thanks for the quick response - helps me rule out Root as the issue, I’ll take it to the GATE community.
Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.