Root-config: command not found when trying to execute thisroot.sh

Hello,

I am trying to install and use ROOT on my Windows 10 laptop but am getting an error message when trying to execute “. /bin/thisroot.sh” It says “root-config: command not found”, however I have double checked that root-config is located in the same directory as thisroot.sh. I have looked at previous forums that have expressed that they have the same error message, however none of the solutions have helped. Any help would be appreciated!

Sam

Welcome to the ROOT Forum!
Unless you are using bash in WSL, on Windows you must call bin\thisroot.bat

Hi bellenot,

Thank you for replying. I’ve tried that as well, but I get a different error:

@echo: command not found
rem: command not found
: command not found
rem: command not found
: command not found
bash: cd: /D: No such file or directory
bash: cd: /D: No such file or directory
: no such jobTH%
: no such jobAKE_PREFIX_PATH%
: no such jobTHONPATH%

Thank you,
Sam

OK, so apparently you’re working in WSL. So how did you install ROOT? Which exact version (i.e. which tar file)?

Hi bellenot,

I did the exact steps listed in the ‘Building ROOT from Source’ webpage. Not sure if that helps or not. I did not get any error messages when doing cmake, so I’m not sure what the problem is at this point.

Thanks
Sam

Can you confirm that you are working in WSL? And BTW, why didn’t you simply download a pre-built binary?

Hi bellenot,

I had issues previously using a pre-built binary, so I tried to install from source. I tried again, and I was successfully able to install ROOT using the pre-built binary. Thank you for your help.

Thanks
Sam

1 Like