ROOT-based Qt applicataion on lxplus

Hello,

I’m writing GUI. On my local computer with CERN SL4 linux and Qt 3.3 everything goes fine. But some of my collaborators want to use it on lxplus. And there I cannot link the project. The problem is the same like if you copy&paste HelloCanvas.cxx and HelloCanvas.pro from page 413, chapter 27 of User’s guide. qmake phase finishes OK, compilation as well but linking fails with

/afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/external/root/5.13.02/slc3_ia32_gcc323_dbg/root/lib/libGQt.so: undefined reference to `QWidget::repaint(bool)'

Could you please give me an advice? Thank you in advance,

Kašpi.

Hi Kašpi,

I was able to execute the HelloCanvas.cxx example with no problem. ~/root/tutorials > qmake HelloCanvas.pro ~/root/tutorials > make HelloCanvas g++ -c -pipe -Wall -W -O2 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_SHARED -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -I/afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/external/qt/3.3.4/slc3_gcc323/mkspecs/default -I. -I. -I"/afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/external/root/5.13.02/slc3_ia32_gcc323_dbg/root/include" -I/afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/external/qt/3.3.4/slc3_gcc323/include -o HelloCanvas.o HelloCanvas.cxx g++ -o HelloCanvas HelloCanvas.o -Wl,-rpath,/afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/external/qt/3.3.4/slc3_gcc323/lib -L/afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/external/qt/3.3.4/slc3_gcc323/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/external/root/5.13.02/slc3_ia32_gcc323_dbg/root/lib -lCore -lCint -lHist -lGraf -lGraf3d -lGpad -lTree -lRint -lPostscript -lMatrix -lPhysics -lGui -pthread -lm -ldl -rdynamic -lTable -lGQt -lqt-mt -lXext -lX11 -lm ~/root/tutorials > HelloCanvas I should say that my environment is SLC3, not SLC4.
Cheers, Ilka

Thanks very much. I changed my QTDIR to that one you use and it’s OK now.

Kašpi.

Hi Kašpi,

You are welcome - I am glad that the problem is solved. I am adding the settings I have used:setenv ROOTSYS /afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/external/root/5.13.02/slc3_ia32_gcc323_dbg/root setenv QTDIR /afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/external/qt/3.3.4/slc3_gcc323 setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH .:$ROOTSYS/lib:$QTDIR/libCheers, Ilka