ROOT and oracle

Hi!

I need to connect to database under Oracle 8.1.7 (and probably also to 9i) from ROOT. On one server I’ve got ROOT 3.02/07 with libOracle.so, however when I try to connect to Oracle database I get something like this:

root [0] TSQLServer *db1=TSQLServer::Connect("oracle://host:1521/base","<USER>","<HASLO>") dlopen error: /usr/local/CERN/root/lib/libOracle.so: undefined symbol: Clone__7TObject Load Error: Failed to load Dynamic link library /usr/local/CERN/root/lib/libOracle.so *** Interpreter error recovered ***

I’ve searched through root-search for Oracle related issues, and finally landed at: http://root.gsi.de/OracleAccess.htm. I’ve downloaded version 1.3, then unpacked it, removed *.o and *.so files.
Typing make resulted in:

mhulboj@etna:/tmp/a$ make make: `/data/etna1/oracle/product/8.1.7//lib/libclntsh.so' is up to date.

And typing make all produced some errors:

mhulboj@etna:/tmp/a$ make all g++ -g -Wall -fPIC -I. -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/local/root/include -I/data/etna1/oracle/product/8.1.7//rdbms/demo -I/data/etna1/oracle/product/8.1.7//precomp/public -I/data/etna1/oracle/product/8.1.7//plsql/public -I/data/etna1/oracle/product/8.1.7//rdbms/public -I/data/etna1/oracle/product/8.1.7//network/public -c OracleDict.cxx OracleDict.cxx:70: error: syntax error before `;' token
And much more errors…

The mentioned error concerns following line:

If I comment it (and two other similar lines) it compiles, but still results in printing some messages about unresolved symbols and not working at all.

I have also tried with the newest ROOT which I had build from sources, but the result is the same.

I really don’t know what the problem is, and would be very greatful for some hints. Maybe there is some `little thing’ which I’ve omitted…
I would also like to know whether ROOT works seamlessly with Oracle 9i.

Regards,

Please contact Micheal Dahlinger (M.Dahlinger@gsi.de)

Cheers, Fons.

Hi!

I’ve contacted Michael Dahlinger and obtained quite simple explanation how to perform that task.
It is necessary to:

Recreate the file OracleDict.cxx by typing:

make OracleDict.cxx make OracleDict.o

Then I had just typed make all and the library has been created and it works fine.

Regards,