ROOT and MySQL without installing MySQL

I am creating some software that needs to access a MySQL database but I would like to avoid needing the users of the software to install MySQL. Is there a way to include a minimal set of additional software to enable TSQLServer etc. without having a full MySQL installation?

VIVE L’AMOUR!
on your development machine, in order to compile ROOT, you need to have an appropriate, your system specific, client’s “mysql-devel” package installed (accept all additional required dependencies, when asked - if among “required dependencies” you do not see the “mysql-libs” package then add this package manually first). This will install required libraries and include files (neither the server nor client programs will be installed).
On your target machine, in order to run ROOT, you need to have an appropriate, your system specific, client’s “mysql-libs” package installed (accept all additional required dependencies, when asked). This will install required libraries (neither the server nor client programs will be installed).
The names of packages may as well be “libmysqlclient*”, instead of “mysql-*” (depending on the system that you use).
I am stupid. No?
Pepe Le Pew.