ROOT and Catalina

Dear ROOTers,

after the “downgrade” to Catalina of my Macbook Pro, I updated the ROOT installation following this:

and the result of this sequence of operations is that I cannot compile any longer (error messages are reported below) [2].
Also, the interactive root does not work any longer [1].

Would you please point me to a set of instructions I could follow, to have my root back into shape?

Best regards,

pietro

ROOT Version: 6.8.00
Platform: MacosX
Compiler: precompiled

[1]
bug:PietroCavaglieri $ root -v
dyld: Symbol not found: __cg_png_create_info_struct
Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/ImageIO
Expected in: /usr/local/lib/libPng.dylib
in /System/Library/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/ImageIO

[2]
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/…/include/c++/v1/experimental/string_view:18:3: warning:

“<experimental/string_view> has been removed. Use <string_view> instead.” [-W#warnings]

warning “<experimental/string_view> has been removed. Use <string_view> instead.”

Please read tips for efficient and successful posting and posting code

I wonder if the right version of ROOT is picked up. Could you please call

which root
root-config --version

The Catalina pre-release from the referenced post should end up in /Applications/root_v6.18.99, so that it can be enabled by

source /Applications/root_v6.18.99/bin/thisroot.sh

Thanks Jakob,

you’re right, I managed to fix the issue with the correct source in the .profile file.

pietro

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.