ROOT 7 list?

root.cern.ch/root-7 has a link to subscribe to the root7-discussion mailing list, but when I follow it, I get a “Permission denied” error. If I search on egroups.cern.ch for lists beginning with “root”, I don’t see it. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Phil

Hi,

Humm weird. The mailing list is root7-discussion - I asked a colleague and he can access that page. Do you have a lightweight account? Or did you log in with a service account?

Anyway - please let me know your CERN user name and I’ll add you to the list by hand.

Cheers, Axel.

Yes, I have a lightweight account (since I’m not on any CERN experiments), so maybe that’s why? My username is philrod@gmail.com .

Thanks,
Phil

Hi,

Maybe. Still weird. (I never liked that e-groups system - it’s too big, too complex. Good old mailman…)

Anyway: you’re in!

Cheers, Axel.

I see it now - thanks so much for the quick response!

Phil

Indeed I confirm what prodrigues wrote; I get the “Error!! Permission denied!” message as well. Nevertheless, I do not want to follow the discuss for now so no need to add me manually.
It was just a message to say that probably no non-CERN user can access to the discussion.

I am getting an error when I try to sign up for the ROOT7 mailing list. This occurs after I enter my CERN lightweight account credentials. It says “Error!! Permission denied!!” but there is also an un-selectable error message under some graphics. The part I can read says:

xception in ./WEB-INE/jsp/egroups/egroup.jsp Define tag cannot be set to a null value’

I also get the mentioned error with my lightweight account:

[ServletException in:/WEB-INF/jsp/egroups/egroup.jsp] Define tag cannot set a null value' Error!! Permission denied!

Can you please add me by hand?

Hi,

Thank you for your reports! I am trying to resolve this with CERN IT; I will let you know once they tell me how you can add yourself.

If you post your lightweight account IDs (or send them as private message) then I will add you by hand until this is resolved.

Cheers, Axel.

Hi,

The correct self-subscription link is e-groups.cern.ch/e-groups/Egrou … discussion

I have updated root.cern.ch/root-7

Thanks for letting us know!

Cheers, Axel.

1 Like

With the new link, I get the following error (with lightweight account):

Searching for root7 in e-groups.cern.ch/e-groups/EgroupsSearch.do does not provide any results.

I checked again, and now it works :slight_smile: