ROOT 6 Mac OSX 10.9 issues

UPDATE!!! (see below)****************************
Dear ROOTers,

I have recently updated to ROOT v6.0.0 on my MacBookPro. Here is some useful, hopefully, information:

-Running Mac OSX 10.9.3
-I downloaded the following binaries from the Root webpage: OSX 10.9 x86-64 with clang 5.1, version 6.00.00 (109 MB).
-I used the ./configure method to configure Root with the “macosx” architecture and the flag “–all”.

For my code, I use CMake to create an executable and then run that executable. In my CMake file I have:

include_directories(
/path/for/c++/includes/included/in/Xcode/version/5
/path/to/root/install/root/include
)
link_directories(/path/to/root/install/root/lib)

For the CMake file in my src directory, I have linked the target output with the following libraries:
target_link_libraries(${program}.exe
Cling
Core
FFTW
Gpad
Graf
Graf3d
Gui
Hist
Hist
MathCore
Matrix
Minuit
Net
Physics
Postscript
Rint
RIO
Thread
Tree
)

When I run cmake, the configuration and all the compiler checks works fine. However, when I run make I get errors like:

Scanning dependencies of target GetThresholds.exe
[100%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/GetThresholds.exe.dir/GetThresholds.cxx.o
Linking CXX executable …/…/exe/GetThresholds.exe
Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
“std::string::c_str() const”, referenced from:
gt_data_writer(std::basic_stringstream<char, std::char_traits, std::allocator >&, std::basic_stringstream<char, std::char_traits, std::allocator >&) in GetThresholds.cxx.o
get_thresholds(std::string) in GetThresholds.cxx.o
scaler_and_fft(std::string) in GetThresholds.cxx.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
make[2]: *** […/exe/GetThresholds.exe] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/GetThresholds.exe.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I am not sure if this error is coming from how I link things using CMake or if they are coming from ROOT or something completely different. My question is, how do I correct these errors? If more information is needed, please let me know. If others would like to see the entire error output, I will be happy to post it.

UPDATE!!!****************************
It appears I was linking the incorrect directories in the CMake file. I have since fixed this issue. Now, I get an interesting problem. I run cmake then make to produce the executable just fine. When I run the executable, the macro starts, I get an error, but the macro keeps running and finishes. The macro successfully writes out to all the files and makes all the histograms. The error that I now get is:

Error in UnknownClass::InitInterpreter(): LLVM SYMBOLS ARE EXPOSED TO CLING! This will cause problems; please hide them or dlopen() them after the call to TROOT::InitInterpreter()!

I have never run into this before and am not sure what it means. Any help is much appreciated.

Hi All

I have an issue, (experimenting with mac :frowning: )

system info:

Darwin Cederiks-MacBook-Pro.local 13.2.0 Darwin Kernel Version 13.2.0: Thu Apr 17 23:03:13 PDT 2014; root:xnu-2422.100.13~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

when i compile with:

./configure -enable-qt

and make root:

i got:

***just an extract from a bunch of similar messages

"non-virtual thunk to QWidget::devType() const", referenced from: vtable for QtGContext in GQtGUI.o vtable for TQtFeedBackWidget in TGQt.o vtable for requestString in TGQt.o vtable for TQtWidget in moc_TQtWidget.o vtable for TQtClientWidget in moc_TQtClientWidget.o "operator<<(QDebug, QEvent const*)", referenced from: MapEvent(QMouseEvent&, Event_t&) in TQtClientFilter.o "operator<<(QDebug, QObject const*)", referenced from: TGQt::PrintEvent(Event_t&) in TGQt.o TQtWidget::RefreshCB() in TQtWidget.o "operator<<(QDebug, QKeySequence const&)", referenced from: TQtClientWidget::Accelerate() in TQtClientWidget.o "operator<<(QDebug, QFont const&)", referenced from: FontMagicFactor(float) in TQtPadFont.o ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64 clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation) make: *** [lib/libGQt.so] Error 1

It`s important to mention that if i did not use the -enable-qt root compiles without problems

Any idea, topic threads?..