ROOT 6.30.04 build failed on macOS 14.4 arm64 Xcode 15.3

Hi,

This problem seems to be unrelated and could be caused by some remnants in your build directory. If it persists, I propose to open another thread about it.

Best,
D

1 Like

I just reinstalled the root using brew (the latest stable release), and it works fine on my sonoma 14.3.1 version of MacOS. Has there been any fix? I did install all the dependencies separately as well.

Hi Maninder,

Welcome to the ROOT community.
Thanks for sharing: these are good news. There was a fix in the master branch of ROOT. We are working with priority to fix also other branches.

Best,
Danilo

Hello: Can you tell us which version of Xcode and Command Line Tools you have installed?

Hi,
I have the xcode 15.3. I installed all the dependencies listed for linux system using brew.

1 Like

I confirm that I also observe the same issue with OSX 14.4 M1 and CLI 15.3. This happend before for Apple CLI upgrade.

My solution is to downgrade to CLI 15.1

If you reinstall ROOT from the main branch, the conflict with XCode and CLT 15.3 has been resolved. I have this working on my OSX 14.4 M1 silicon-based life form.

Please see this other thread:

Your solution has solved my problem perfectly. Thank you for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.