ROOT 6.26.06 installation issues on window

Hello,
I am trying to install Root on a windows 10 platform. I downloaded the dependencies for cmake, visual studios 2022 17.3, and python as well as root_v6.26.06. However, when I run the program, I keep getting an error:

RegOpenKeyEx(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SDKs\Windows$VERSION\InstallationFolder): returned 2: The system cannot find the file specified.
RegOpenKeyEx(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Kits\Installed Roots\KitsRoot10): returned 2: The system cannot find the file specified.
input_line_1:1:10: fatal error: ‘new’ file not found
#include
^~~~~
Assertion failed: OldBuilder->DeferredDeclsToEmit.empty() && “Should have emitted all decls deferred to emit.”, file C:\build\ws\BUILDTYPE\Release\LABEL\windows64\V\6-26\root\interpreter\llvm\src\tools\clang\lib\CodeGen\ModuleBuilder.cpp, line 147

Hello,

@bellenot , our Windows expert, is now absent but he’ll reply when he is back.

Make sure you installed the Desktop development with C++ component of Visual Studio, which contains the Windows 10 SDK, and try to start from a x86 Native Tools Command Prompt for VS 2022 if you downloaded the 32 bit version of ROOT, or from a x64 Native Tools Command Prompt for VS 2022 if you downloaded the 64 bit version.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.