ROOT 6.26.02 has bug with Jupyter notebook

Dear experts,

I’m running a MacOS Monterey. I installed ROOT 6.26.02 with:

brew install root

My python version is 3.9.12, and my Jupyter notebook version is 6.4.12. I can run import ROOT with python in a terminal without any problem. However, when I launch a Jupyter notebook kernel in my browser and tried import ROOT, it gave a bunch of errors as below:

[IPKernelApp] ERROR | No such comm target registered: jupyter.widget.control
[IPKernelApp] WARNING | No such comm: 89aed35e-e9e8-459d-806b-eb67fb0c124e
objc[9692]: Class RunStopper is implemented in both /usr/local/Cellar/root/6.26.02/lib/root/libCore.so (0x109aad148) and /usr/local/lib/libCore.so (0x1208771e0). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
cling::DynamicLibraryManager::loadLibrary(): dlopen(/usr/local/Cellar/root/6.26.02/lib/root/libGpad.so, 0x0009): Symbol not found: __ZN4ROOT8Internal23HasConsistentHashMemberEPKc
  Referenced from: /usr/local/Cellar/root/6.26.02/lib/root/libGpad.so
  Expected in: /usr/local/lib/libCore.so

Error in <TInterpreter::TCling::AutoLoad>: failure loading library libHist.so for TH1
cling::DynamicLibraryManager::loadLibrary(): dlopen(/usr/local/Cellar/root/6.26.02/lib/root/libHist.so, 0x0009): Symbol not found: __Z27R__SetClonesArrayTF1UpdaterPFviPP7TObjectS1_E
  Referenced from: /usr/local/Cellar/root/6.26.02/lib/root/libHist.so

Error in <TInterpreter::TCling::AutoLoad>: failure loading library libROOTGpadv7.so for shared_ptr<ROOT::Experimental::RCanvas>
cling::DynamicLibraryManager::loadLibrary(): dlopen(/usr/local/Cellar/root/6.26.02/lib/root/libROOTGpadv7.so, 0x0009): Symbol not found: __ZN4ROOT12Experimental11RLogManager3GetEv
  Referenced from: /usr/local/Cellar/root/6.26.02/lib/root/libROOTGpadv7.so

IncrementalExecutor::executeFunction: symbol '_ZN4ROOT12Experimental7RCanvas11GetCanvasesEv' unresolved while linking symbol '__cf_15'!
You are probably missing the definition of ROOT::Experimental::RCanvas::GetCanvases()
Maybe you need to load the corresponding shared library?
Symbol found in '/usr/local/Cellar/root/6.26.02/lib/root/libROOTGpadv7.so'; did you mean to load it with '.L /usr/local/Cellar/root/6.26.02/lib/root/libROOTGpadv7.so'?

May I ask if there is a solution for this issue?

Best regards,
Feng

Hello,

I would make sure that the Jupyter notebook is running with the same Python executable where you tried to import ROOT and it worked.

Also, from the error:

objc[9692]: Class RunStopper is implemented in both /usr/local/Cellar/root/6.26.02/lib/root/libCore.so (0x109aad148) and /usr/local/lib/libCore.so (0x1208771e0). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

it seems that you have two different ROOT installations that might be conflicting.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.