ROOT 6.26/00 on Windows 11: input_line_1:1:10: fatal error: 'new' file not found

Hi,
I just tried to install ROOT 6.26/00 from here, file root_v6.26.00.win32.vc16.exe

I try to run ROOT and I get

RegOpenKeyEx(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\$VERSION\InstallationFolder): returned 2: The system cannot find the file specified.
RegOpenKeyEx(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Kits\Installed Roots\KitsRoot10): returned 2: The system cannot find the file specified.
input_line_1:1:10: fatal error: 'new' file not found
#include <new>
         ^~~~~
Assertion failed: OldBuilder->DeferredDeclsToEmit.empty() && "Should have emitted all decls deferred to emit.", file C:\build\ws\BUILDTYPE\Release\LABEL\windows10\V\6-26\root\interpreter\llvm\src\tools\clang\lib\CodeGen\ModuleBuilder.cpp, line 147

I tried other ROOT 6.X version and I had similar problems, nevertheles ROOT 5.X works fine.

ROOT Version: 6.26/00
Platform: Windows 11
Compiler: Not Provided

1 Like

If you search this forum for fatal error: 'new' file not found, you will see that you should install Visual Studio 2019 (or 2022) and the Windows 10 SDK, and start from a x86 Native Tools Command Prompt for VS 2019 (or 2022)

1 Like

Hi,
I’m currently experiencing the same issue. Installing Windows 10 SDK made the first two errors disappear but I’m still getting:

input_line_1:1:10: fatal error: 'new' file not found
#include <new>
         ^~~~~
Assertion failed: OldBuilder->DeferredDeclsToEmit.empty() && "Should have emitted all decls deferred to emit.", file C:\build\ws\BUILDTYPE\Release\LABEL\windows10\V\6-26\root\interpreter\llvm\src\tools\clang\lib\CodeGen\ModuleBuilder.cpp, line 147
1 Like

Hi and welcome to the ROOT Forum!
Did you start from a x86 Native Tools Command Prompt for VS 2019 (or 2022)?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.