Home | News | Documentation | Download

Root 6.24.00 homebrew building error

_ROOT Version:6.24.00
_Platform:mac OS X lastest
_Compiler: system default clang base on homebrew

Hi all:
I’ve try to upgrade root homebrew formula from 6.22.08 to latest 6.24.00 but building with errors
02.ninja.txt (915.8 KB)

the error message

module map file '/usr/local/include/vc.modulemap' not found.

what should I do?

cheers

Hi @cxwx1,

Which git revision are you trying to build? There is a related commit by @vvassilev that should fix this problem, but it is only part of the master and v6-24-00-patches branches, i.e., the commit is not part of the revision tagged as v6-24-00. Therefore, if you are building from git tag v6-24-00, you may see this error under certain build environments.

Could you please try building branch v6-24-00-patches and see if that solves the problem?

Cheers,
J.

testing OK v6-24-00-patches,
when should this patch accept by master branch? v6.24.02 or a revision of 6.24.00

I am confused. @cxwx1, can you confirm that v6-24-00-patches works for you?

yes, @vvassilev it works, my compiler info

╰─ clang --version                                                                                                                                                                                                   INSERT  5527  100%
Apple clang version 12.0.5 (clang-1205.0.22.9)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin20.4.0
Thread model: posix
InstalledDir: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin

and you can try using
https://github.com/cxwx/homebrew-cxbrew/blob/master/Formula/root_c_x.rb

although, it still have some problems like cannot find cfitsio, fftw and other library installed by homebrew, so you can see I add

-DCFITSIO_LIBRARY=/usr/local/Cellar/cfitsio/3.490/lib/libcfitsio.9.3.49.dylib

just for a test

That seems an independent issue.

@oshadura may know if that was seen elsewhere.

I will add @henryiii to this discussion, since he is maintainer of ROOT package in Homebrew and probably can recomend something…