Root 6.24.00 homebrew building error

_ROOT Version:6.24.00
_Platform:mac OS X lastest
_Compiler: system default clang base on homebrew

Hi all:
I’ve try to upgrade root homebrew formula from 6.22.08 to latest 6.24.00 but building with errors
02.ninja.txt (915.8 KB)

the error message

module map file '/usr/local/include/vc.modulemap' not found.

what should I do?

cheers

Hi @cxwx1,

Which git revision are you trying to build? There is a related commit by @vvassilev that should fix this problem, but it is only part of the master and v6-24-00-patches branches, i.e., the commit is not part of the revision tagged as v6-24-00. Therefore, if you are building from git tag v6-24-00, you may see this error under certain build environments.

Could you please try building branch v6-24-00-patches and see if that solves the problem?

Cheers,
J.

testing OK v6-24-00-patches,
when should this patch accept by master branch? v6.24.02 or a revision of 6.24.00

I am confused. @cxwx1, can you confirm that v6-24-00-patches works for you?

yes, @vvassilev it works, my compiler info

╰─ clang --version                                                                                                                                                                                                   INSERT  5527  100%
Apple clang version 12.0.5 (clang-1205.0.22.9)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin20.4.0
Thread model: posix
InstalledDir: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin

and you can try using
https://github.com/cxwx/homebrew-cxbrew/blob/master/Formula/root_c_x.rb

although, it still have some problems like cannot find cfitsio, fftw and other library installed by homebrew, so you can see I add

-DCFITSIO_LIBRARY=/usr/local/Cellar/cfitsio/3.490/lib/libcfitsio.9.3.49.dylib

just for a test

That seems an independent issue.

@oshadura may know if that was seen elsewhere.

I will add @henryiii to this discussion, since he is maintainer of ROOT package in Homebrew and probably can recomend something…

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.