Root-6.22 compilation error

Hello,

I’m trying to compile from source the version 6.22 in a Debian 10 stable, cmake 3.13.4 and gcc 8.3.0. The cmake configuration was created without errors. During the compilation I get this error:

CMake Error at /home/jose/Codes/root-6.20/build/XROOTD-prefix/src/XROOTD-stamp/XROOTD-build-Release.cmake:16 (message):

Command failed: 2
‘make’

See also
/home/jose/Codes/root-6.20/build/XROOTD-prefix/src/XROOTD-stamp/XROOTD-build-*.log
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/XROOTD.dir/build.make:112: XROOTD-prefix/src/XROOTD-stamp/XROOTD-build] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:174: CMakeFiles/XROOTD.dir/all] Error 2

It continues and then

[ 62%] Built target OPENSSL

make: *** [Makefile:152: all] Error 2

The log file says:

/home/jose/Codes/root-6.20/build/XROOTD-prefix/src/XROOTD/src/XrdSec/XrdSecProtect.cc:42:10: fatal error: openssl/sha.h: No such file or directory
#include “openssl/sha.h”
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.

How could I solve the problem?
Thank you!!

Jose

Hi Jose,

I wonder if the cmake step somehow overlooked looking for openssl headers. Can you check if you have the libssl-dev package installed?

Cheers,
Jakob

Hello, Jakob.

Thank you for the answer. Yes, I checked it and the lib was installed.

Jose

Just to be sure, not only the binaries but also the headers. I.e. ls /usr/include/openssl/sha.h succeeds? If it’s not the missing headers, perhaps @oshadura can help?

Yes, the header is there.

Hi @jocuen can you post here configuration logs, something like /home/jose/Codes/root-6.20/build/XROOTD-prefix/src/XROOTD-stamp/XROOTD-configure-*.log please?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.