Root 6.16.00 can't find include files on OSX Mojave 10.14.4

_ROOT Version: 6.16.00
_Platform: OSX Mojave 10.14.4
_Compiler: Whatever the default is?

Hi,
I installed the precompiled version. Am getting this error when trying to run ROOT:

dcmbp2:root_v6.16.00 dhimanchakraborty$ root
ERROR in cling::CIFactory::createCI(): cannot extract standard library include paths!
Invoking:
LC_ALL=C /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/c++ -O2 -DNDEBUG -xc++ -E -v /dev/null 2>&1 >/dev/null | awk ‘/^#include </,/^End of search/{if (!/^#include </ && !/^End of search/){ print }}’ | GREP_OPTIONS= grep -E “(c|g)++”
Results was:
With exit code 256
warning: no such sysroot directory: ‘/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX10.14.sdk’
input_line_1:1:10: fatal error: ‘new’ file not found
#include
^~~~~
input_line_3:37:10: fatal error: ‘string’ file not found
#include
^~~~~~~~

| Welcome to ROOT 6.16/00 https://root.cern |
| (c) 1995-2018, The ROOT Team |
| Built for macosx64 on Jan 23 2019, 09:06:13 |
| From tags/v6-16-00@v6-16-00 |

Try ‘.help’, ‘.demo’, ‘.license’, ‘.credits’, ‘.quit’/‘.q’

input_line_9:1:10: fatal error: ‘iostream’ file not found
#include
^~~~~~~~~~
root [0]
<<

Any help in solving the issue is appreciated.

Best,
Dhiman

ps. The text above doesn’t seem to show the include file names, which appear in angled brackets on my screen. They are the same as in the line above them. So, ‘iostream’ appears in angled brackets after #include in the line following the one that complains about not finding it etc.

Do you have a full version of XCode installed and have you run xcode-select --install to get the Command Line Tools?

Hi Dhiman,

Could you confirm that the nightly build at root_v6.19.01.macosx64-10.14-clang100.dmg works for you?

Axel

Hi Amadio,

I had run that before, but still had problem with root_v6.16.00. However, now that I reinstalled XCode and root_v6.19.01, it seems to work. I haven’t had a chance to do much yet, but at least starting root is not giving me the error I was getting before. Many thanks to both you and Axel for your help.

Best,
Dhiman

Hi Axel,

It’s working now.

Thanks,

Dhiman

Hi Diman,

Thanks! With “now” you mean with the nightly build?

Axel.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.