ROOT 6.14.04 install error

Hello,

I am trying to install ROOT 6.14.04 on a computing cluster and I am getting the following error during the build:

[ 84%] Linking CXX shared library ../../lib/libASImage.so
Scanning dependencies of target G__RooFitCore
[ 85%] Built target Gpad
Scanning dependencies of target G__HistPainter
Scanning dependencies of target G__Graf3d
[ 85%] Generating G__HistPainter.cxx, ../../lib/libHistPainter_rdict.pcm, ../../lib/libHistPainter.rootmap
[ 85%] Generating G__Graf3d.cxx, ../../lib/libGraf3d_rdict.pcm, ../../lib/libGraf3d.rootmap
[ 85%] Generating G__RooFitCore.cxx, ../../lib/libRooFitCore_rdict.pcm, ../../lib/libRooFitCore.rootmap
../../lib/libAfterImage.a(export.o): In function `ASImage2png_int':
export.c:(.text+0xeb): undefined reference to `png_set_longjmp_fn'
../../lib/libAfterImage.a(import.o): In function `png2ASImage_int':
import.c:(.text+0x5241): undefined reference to `png_set_longjmp_fn'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake[2]: *** [lib/libASImage.so] Error 1
gmake[1]: *** [graf2d/asimage/CMakeFiles/ASImage.dir/all] Error 2
gmake[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
[ 85%] Built target G__HistPainter
[ 85%] Built target G__Graf3d
[ 85%] Built target G__RooFitCore
gmake: *** [all] Error 2

I configure ROOT by doing:

cmake -Dbuiltin_afterimage=ON -Dbuiltin_fftw3=ON -Dbuiltin_cfitsio=ON …/root-6.14.04

_ROOT Version: 6.14.04
_Platform: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.4 (Santiago)
_Compiler: gcc (GCC) 6.3.0

I think I am missing libpng but I am not sure. If that is the case then I will have to ask the administrators to install it for me. Is that actually the case? If not then how should I resolve this error?

Maybe your problem is not that you don’t have libpng, but that the version available is too old, as RHEL 6 is quite old itself. Is the compiler you are using from devtoolset? If yes, then building ROOT with it is not supported as far as I remember, due to ROOT-6207. If your cluster has CVMFS, I would recommend to pick ROOT from there if you can.

The compiIer was not from devtoolset and the cluster did not have CVMFS. I was able to install ROOT after having the administrators install libpng for me. ROOT was still picking up the old library so I had to force to just look at the new library by doing:

make -Dbuiltin_afterimage=ON -Dbuiltin_fftw3=ON -Dbuiltin_cfitsio=ON -DPNG_LIBRARY_RELEASE:FILEPATH=/panfs/pfs.local/software/install/libpng/1.6.35/gcc/6.3/lib/libpng.so …/root-6.14.04

Now its working though!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.