ROOT 5.34.36 and PYTHIA 8.226

Hello,

I try to install ROOT 5.34.36 with Pythia 8.8226 with the command in ROOT install repository
./configure --prefix=$WORK/root-5.34.36 --enable-pythia8 --with-pythia8-incdir=$PYTHIA8/include --with-pythia8-libdir=$PYTHIA8/lib

but I have any errors with the creation of ibEGPythia8.so file :
==> lib/libXMLParser.so done
montecarlo/pythia8/src/TPythia8.o: In function TPythia8::Initialize(int, int, double)': TPythia8.cxx:(.text+0x111e): undefined reference toPythia8::Settings::mode(std::string, int)'
TPythia8.cxx:(.text+0x115f): undefined reference to Pythia8::Settings::mode(std::string, int)' TPythia8.cxx:(.text+0x119b): undefined reference toPythia8::Settings::mode(std::string, int)‘
TPythia8.cxx:(.text+0x11d8): undefined reference to Pythia8::Settings::parm(std::string, double)' montecarlo/pythia8/src/TPythia8.o: In functionTPythia8::Initialize(int, int, double, double)’:
TPythia8.cxx:(.text+0x13b3): undefined reference to Pythia8::Settings::mode(std::string, int)' TPythia8.cxx:(.text+0x13f4): undefined reference toPythia8::Settings::mode(std::string, int)'
TPythia8.cxx:(.text+0x1430): undefined reference to Pythia8::Settings::mode(std::string, int)' TPythia8.cxx:(.text+0x146c): undefined reference toPythia8::Settings::parm(std::string, double)'
TPythia8.cxx:(.text+0x14a9): undefined reference to `Pythia8::Settings::parm(std::string, double)'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [lib/libEGPythia8.so] Erreur 1
==> lib/libSrvAuth.so done
==> lib/libGenVector.so done
==> lib/libMathMore.so done

Can you help me, please ? Thanks a lot.

Hi,

It looks like the interface of PYTHIA has changed… Could you try with an older version of PYTHIA? (I think it should work with 8201…)

Cheers, Bertrand.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.