ROOT 5.28/00b build problems on Ubuntu 11.04

Hey,

I have some problems building ROOT on Ubuntu 11.04. Configuration with

worked fine.
Also make showed no problems.
But when I try to do sudo make install there is an error at the end.

Creating executable ../../bin/xrdadler32 g++ -D_ALL_SOURCE -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -fPIC -rdynamic -Wall -Wno-deprecated -D__linux__ -m32 -O2 ../../obj/Xrdadler32.o ../../lib/libXrdPosix.a ../../lib/libXrdClient.a -L../../lib -lXrdNet -lXrdOuc -lXrdNetUtil -lXrdSys -lnsl -lrt -ldl -lc -o ../../bin/xrdadler32 ../../obj/Xrdadler32.o: In function `main': /home/adonai/Downloads/root/net/xrootd/src/xrootd/src/XrdApps/Xrdadler32.cc:176: undefined reference to `adler32' /home/adonai/Downloads/root/net/xrootd/src/xrootd/src/XrdApps/Xrdadler32.cc:218: undefined reference to `adler32' /home/adonai/Downloads/root/net/xrootd/src/xrootd/src/XrdApps/Xrdadler32.cc:255: undefined reference to `adler32' collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make[5]: *** [../../bin/xrdadler32] Error 1 make[4]: *** [Linuxall] Error 2 make[3]: *** [all] Error 2 make[2]: *** [XrdApps] Error 2 make[1]: *** [all] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/adonai/Downloads/root/net/xrootd/src/xrootd' *** Error condition reported by make (rc = 2): make: *** [net/xrootd/src/xrootd/LastBuild.d] Error 1

Any ideas? I found some reference that it could be a problem with ncurses xrootd.

Any help is much appreciated.

BR

Same problem

Did it!
Just do

and it will compile.
The problem was that also xrootd didn’t know where to search for the libraries.

BR

This has been fixed in the v5-29-02 dev release and in the trunk of the v5-28-00-patches branch.

Cheers, Fons.

Hi everybody,

I get the following error:

/home/dav/Downloads/root/proof/proof/src/TDSet.cxx: In member function ‘void TDSet::Validate()’:
/home/dav/Downloads/root/proof/proof/src/TDSet.cxx:1531:1: internal compiler error: in redirect_jump, at jump.c:1443
Please submit a full bug report,

Best wishes,
Bahman.

I am using v5-29-02 and I am running Ubuntu 11.04.

This has also been fixed in the trunk and patches branch. The issue is the -O2 flag, replace it with -O and it will go (as is done in the build system now.

thanks.

I also have same problem.
I’m using v5-29-02 on Ubuntu 11.04(AMD64).

But I replaced -O2 -> -O in the file config/Makefile.linux8664gcc.

I can compiled!
Thanks

I was following this post (cometpeak.com/2011/05/building-a … 04-x86_64/) and the ROOT website to install ROOT in 11.04 64bit

When I do make, I get the following errors
Makefile:20: config/Makefile.config: No such file or directory
Makefile:29: config/Makefile.comp: No such file or directory
Makefile:40: *** Please run ./configure first. Stop.

Whats happening?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

You probably did not run the ./configure script.

Philippe.

i have same problem

Hi,

Did you run the configure and if so, how (i.e. in which directory and with which arguments)?

Philippe.

[quote=“tm1729”]I was following this post (cometpeak.com/2011/05/building-a … 04-x86_64/) and the ROOT website to install ROOT in 11.04 64bit

When I do make, I get the following errors
Makefile:20: config/Makefile.config: No such file or directory
Makefile:29: config/Makefile.comp: No such file or directory
Makefile:40: *** Please run ./configure first. Stop.

Whats happening?

Thanks in advance[/quote]

I have got the same issue.

Before typing make, I perfectly run the ./configure.

I am using a MacOS x64 Lion 10.7.3

If anyone know the solution, it would be of a great help !

Thank you.

NB: this time, it is Root V5.32

Hi,

What was the output of ./configure ? What does “ls -l config/Makefile.config bin/” output?

Philippe.

Hi,

here is the output of ./configure --with-f77=/usr/local/bin/gfortran

Checking for source directory ... /opt/local/root_v5-32-00 Configuring for macosx64 Checking for GNU Make version >= 3.80 ... ok Checking for C compiler ... clang Checking for C++ compiler ... clang++ Checking for linker (LD) ... clang++ Checking for F77 compiler ... /usr/local/bin/gfortran Checking for libX11 ... /opt/local/lib Checking for X11/Xlib.h ... /opt/local/include Checking for X11/xpm.h ... /usr/include Checking for X11/Xft/Xft.h ... /usr/include Checking for X11/extensions/shape.h ... /opt/local/include Checking for libXpm ... /usr/X11R6/lib Checking for libXft ... /usr/X11R6/lib configure: libXft not in same directory as libX11 For consistency they should be in the same directory

I hope this would help.

There is no config file created or the /bin folder. (when I type “ls -l config/Makefile.config bin/”):

ls: bin/: No such file or directory ls: config/Makefile.config: No such file or directory

Hi,

The core (fatal) problem is:configure: libXft not in same directory as libX11 For consistency they should be in the same directoryYou have Checking for libX11 ... /opt/local/lib butChecking for libXft ... /usr/X11R6/lib . Configure assumes that they are incompatible (and usually /usr/X11R6/lib also contains libX11 so picking and choosing the right directory for libXft and for libX11 is tricky). Once you resolved this issue, the configure should work correctly.

Cheers,
Philippe.

Hi,

I have the same problem but I don’t know how can I solve this problem of directories. Do you have a solution ?
Thx

Hi,

the same here! :frowning: can you help us please?
Thanks!

Hi,

Do you still have this problem with v5.34/18?

Philippe.