Root 5-20-00 / ACLIC under Win32 with vc++ 2003

Hi rooters,

I just upgraded to root 5-20-00 (Win32/VC++7.1) and ran into a problem.
Whenever I am trying to compile something using ACLIC, the following error message shows up:

'"'cygpath' is not recognized as an internal or external command,"' is not recog nized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Error in <ACLiC>: Compilation failed!

This does not happen under root 5-18-00.

I am using visual c++ 2003 under Windows XP and Vista. The phenomenon shows up without any changes in system.rootrc and is independent of the macro to be compiled.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Moritz

By the way: The file I downloaded and installed the new root version from is ftp://root.cern.ch/root/root_v5.20.00.win32.tar.gz
So, I have no idea why the term ‘cygpath’ appears - this is definitlely not supposed to be the cygwin version!
I now switched back to root 5-18-00 and everything works fine again.
Does this phenomenon only occur to me or is it a general problem of root 5-20-00?

Moritz

Hi Moritz,

We found the problem. A fix will be provided asap.

Cheers,
Bertrand.

Hi,

There is something strange. After investigation, I think the code should work anyway… could you try to type “which cl” (or just “which”) in a command prompt and post the result, please?

Cheers,
Bertrand.

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this problem. This has been fixed in the svn trunk.

Cheers,
Philippe.

Hi Bertrand and Philippe,

thanks for looking into this.

On both of my machines (Win XP and Vista), the command

which cl

outputs

which: no cl in ([my whole $path]).

However,

which cl.exe

yields

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\VC7\BIN\cl.exe.

Following Philippe’s post, I will try the SVN version, I think. Let’s see how compiling root on my own will work out - I haven’t done this before.

Thank you,

Moritz

Hi,

I now compiled root from the SVN sources (branch v5-20-00-patches). However, the problem persists; see the attached screenshot.
Did I pick the right SVN branch?

Moritz
helloworld.C (82 Bytes)

Hi Moritz,

You have to take svn trunk: svn co https://root.cern.ch/svn/root/trunk root
And BTW, if you compiled ROOT from source, that means you have cygwin installed, right?
In this case, you can solve your problem (for any version of ROOT) by adding cygwin/bin in your PATH…(so cygpath will be found)

Cheers,
Bertrand.