Root 4.02/00

I upgraded to the binary version of root 4.02/00. When I start root, i get the following message:

Warning in TEnvRec::ChangeValue: duplicate entry
<Library.TArrowEditor=libGed.so libHist.so libGpad.so libGraf.so libGui.so
libTree.so libTreePlayer.so> for level 0; ignored

In root 4.01 , i used the two attached macros(using MakeProxy method) to analyze the mc files. They ran w/o any problem. But now when I run them I get the following error:

Info in TUnixSystem::ACLiC: creating shared library /plvm/debdatta/neardet_dev/R1.9/./withfriend_h.so
Error in : Dictionary generation failed!
Info in : Invoking compiler to check macro’s validity
g++: compilation of header file requested
Error in TSelector::GetSelector: file withfriend.h+ does not have a valid class deriving from TSelector

I don’t know what’s wrong ?
testsum.C (840 Bytes)
sum.C (1.09 KB)

Hi debdatta,

[quote=“debdatta”]Warning in TEnvRec::ChangeValue: duplicate entry
<Library.TArrowEditor=libGed.so libHist.so libGpad.so libGraf.so libGui.so
libTree.so libTreePlayer.so> for level 0; ignored[/quote]
This is probably due to a setting in your .rootrc or $ROOTSYS/etc/system.rootrc. It might have an extra, incompatible setting for Plugin.TVirtualPadEditor. Please post them if you want us to have a look.

[quote=“debdatta”]In root 4.01 , i used the two attached macros(using MakeProxy method) to analyze the mc files. They ran w/o any problem. But now when I run them I get the following error:

Info in TUnixSystem::ACLiC: creating shared library /plvm/debdatta/neardet_dev/R1.9/./withfriend_h.so
Error in : Dictionary generation failed!
Info in : Invoking compiler to check macro’s validity
g++: compilation of header file requested
Error in TSelector::GetSelector: file withfriend.h+ does not have a valid class deriving from TSelector[/quote]
There are two problems. One I just fixed (the compiler trying to compile a header). The other (and, sad enough, the real) problem is caused by MakeProxy. Can you send us the output of chainmc->Print()?

There are a few little problems with your sum.C macro, which are probably irrelevant for this issue, though: You should define trk_momentum_fit and trk_reduced_chi2 (I assume they are not part of your tree), and you should include TMath.h - just for the sake of proper c++. sum() does not return a value, even though it has a double return type.

Cheers, Axel.