RooFit- dynamic libraries do not work

Dear Rooters,
I’m using openSuSe 13.1 and I need to plot data using RooFit. I have a script, which is surely working, but it’s not on my pc.
The problem looks like this:

Root > RooFit::RooRealVar i("H", "halo", 1, 5) dlopen error: libcrypto.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory Load Error: Failed to load Dynamic link library /usr/share/root/lib/libRooFitCore.so Error in <TCint::AutoLoadCallback>: failure loading library libRooFitCore.so for class RooFit Error: Invalid type 'RooRealVar' in declaration of 'i' (tmpfile):1: Error: Function RooRealVar i("H","halo",1,5) is not defined in current scope (tmpfile):1: *** Interpreter error recovered ***

I know that the libraries are there, so do you have any idea why it shouldn’t work?
Thank you very much!

Jan Pucek

Hi Jan,

it looks like the autoloading mechanism of root is working correctly: the system tries to load libRooFitCore.so. Is the environment set correctly? Do you see in your lib directory libRooFitCore.so?

Cheers,
Danilo

Yes, the libraries are there. But when I downloaded ROOT I didn’t compile it and I don’t know how to set the route to the libraries. But thank you very much for your help! :slight_smile: